Thursday, November 21, 2019

I need to start a weight loss program but not sure which is best. Weight watchers? Jenny Craig? Nutrisystem? -

I weigh 224 lbs and desperately need to get my weight under control. I don t know what the best way to go is. I ve tried just eating better but I don t have the will power. I need a program that I have to report to. What is the best thing in your opinion? Ediets, Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, Best Life Diet? I m 27 and have to cook for a very picky 5 year old and husband as well.

First, relax. Everyone gets discouraged sometime. Here s the remedy. After a week of this forced routine, you ll look forward to waking up every morning. You might even decide to eat this way forever because there are no absolutes. Report your results to a diary, your husband, your five year old. They ll enjoy your success and join you in the effort.Every day for seven days, sit still for a while about 20-30 minutes in a quiet place, let all thoughts come and go. Pick an arbitrary thing to do and do it without investment, that is, do it for its own sake not for its effect or outcome. Eat well for ONLY seven days. Specifically, eat six meals a day, three modest sized main meals at Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and three SMALL meals or snacks, one between each meal and one after Dinner. For the main meals, eat a starch, preferably whole grain such as brown rice or whole wheat, a vegetable and a protein, avoid fatty meats. For the snacks, eat a piece of whole fruit, a small salad, or yogurt, or a few nuts and raisins or seeds, maybe two whole wheat or brown rice fig bars or the like. If you absolutely must eat more, choose protein, it satisfies more than vegetable and keeps your metabolism going in the right direction.Get at least 7.5 hours of sleep each night. Go to bed early if you must get up early.While going about your daily business, i.e. the things that you have to do, work physical exercise into your routine, for example, choose the stairs not the elevator, walk to school or work, walk whenever you can choose between walking or riding. Push a lawn mower, ride a bike, etc. but do not, I repeat, do not do these things until they make you miserable, just do them to get comfortable using your body again like you did when you were a little girl, that is without giving it a second thought.Go to the library at least one day and browse the book stacks for at least 30 minutes. Take out at least one book, but not more than five.Do not turn the TV on for more than 30 minutes each day, preferably not at all. Read. Read. Read. Meet with a relatively thin person who is at least twenty years older than you and ask her questions about her life.After a week, you ll begin to understand more about your body and its cravings. And you will have become your own weight watcher consultant. At the end of the seven days, take a break or re-enlist, consult your audience.

I lost weight following Weight Watcher s. You don t have to buy special foods like you do for other programs, so you can incorporate what you learn about healthy eating into your lifestyle. There s online version or weekly meetings, so you can pick what suits your schedule.

Weight Watchers. However, personally, If you can meet with a nutritionist, or your dr. say, once a month, to check in on your weight loss progress, you could ask your dr. for an apt. with a nutritionist, and ask for the ways of the Diabetic Exchange Diet. It actually is regular eating, of all good foods, just based on caloric intake, based on your height/weight, etc. Also, for exercise , there are things to do like walking, swimming, bowling, dancing (even in the privacy of your own home to dance to your favorite music). Fun things to move that precious body of yours. Please, if you need something other than dr/nutritionist, go with Weight Watchers, they have been around longer, and are pretty good. I wish you the best. Take care.

I like Weight Watchers. :]Good ice cream. :]

I have had success with Weight Watchers! You can lose weight and keep it off!

This site has a lot of info on weight loss programs. You have to decide what s best for you. http://www.healthcastle.com/weightloss_p��I must say I know several people swear by weight watchers. One of my friends lost 110lbs. I think the reason for success is that it promotes a lifestyle change rather than a diet. I try to eat healthy and use a lot of weight watchers recipes. They taste great.Good luck!

Weight Watchers

Don t blow your money on buying meals. It s alot cheaper just to cook stuff on your own. But remember, a weight loss program isn t just diet, it s also exercise. I d recomend the abs diet. It s pretty straightforward. High protien, medium carbs, and low fat.

weight watchers, definitely

http://quiz.ivillage.com/diet/tests/diet��Take this quiz at iVillage to find out what kind of dieter you are. I am not too familiar with Jenny Craig, Best Life, or Ediets, but I am familiar with Nutrisystem and Weight Watchers. In my opinion Weight Watchers sounds best for you. You can cook your own meals or eat out, so long as you don t exceed your alotted points per day. I have many friends who have been very successful with Weight Watchers... their recipes are delicious as well and the support groups will keep you motivated and on track. Nutrisystem is more expensive, but is also effective.

I recently started going to Curves for Women because I need to loose 10 lbs. I ve lost 4 lbs, by exercising everyday and cutting down on my food intake. I DON T deny myself the foods I love, but just eat smaller quantities..

Well done for contemplating changes in your life. Any of these diets would be good to follow, as long as you are eating healthy (fruit veg, fish, chicken etc..) they will give you lots of advice in these classes on what to eat. Just remember to exercise while dieting as this will help to speed up weight loss and tone. Good luck!

find calorie/fitness calculator on the net, enter all your stats and it will tell you how many calories you need a day to maintain, take off 300-400cal off that number and thats how much you need to lose.eat 5-6 small meals a day (eat every 2-3 hours)5-8 servings of fruit and veggies a day8 glasses of waterhave complex carbs for breakfast - they give you energyhave lean meat (protein) for dinner - repairs musclecardio exercise 4-6 times a week for 30-50min, light weight trainingdont consume foods that are made of white flour (white bread, cakes, past etc.), sugar loaded foods (cookies, icecream, candy etc) and nothing fried, oily.ofcourse you can spoil yourself once in a while with a little treat:)

Hi,Well my wife and I have been on this Health and Diet plan for 52 days, my wife has lost 19 pounds and I have lost 21 pounds. My wife has tried all the above mentioned diets with the results not very promising. We are now on the right plan.The plan is very simple. There is no weighing, counting, on watching everything in site. It s two shakes a day, two snacks in between and a meal at dinner. If you would like more information contact me at Big Kat using the Community Guidelines. Thanks and Good Luck.