Thursday, January 12, 2006

Are Cereal good for me? -

I trying to lose weight and I��m doing quite well, I lose 2kg this week.I only know that many people said that Cereal are good for breakfastBut is it going to affect my weight loss program?Normally people take cereal with milk(Fresh milk, Dairy milk) in a bowl,So Cereal + Milk is it good?Does milk make you gain more weight?For your information, I am poor in everything about Cereal.My name is Ivan from Malaysia. People in Malaysia(Asian Country) know nothing about cereal and they DO NOT or NEVER took cereal before. Some more, people in Malaysia don��t take cereal as their breakfast. The word Cereal maybe doesn��t exist in their vocabulary. So please help��

I think a piece of fruit and polly o string cheese is better for you. Cereal raises your blood sugar and then crashes. I m always hungery an hour after eating cereal. Dairy products in general are very fattening and full of sodium.. They are not what the dairy industry would have you believe. I do eat the Atkins and South Beach cereal bars as they are fortified with extra protein which cancels out the sugar high in cereal.

Ok cereal is not magical. Instead, it is a way to BREAK the FAST, thus being called breakfast. Your body has been fasting all night while you slept with no food, and breakfast is the perfect way to start it up again. You basically just need to get a little bit of healthy food for breakfast like a gronola bar or some cereal with skim milk. This will kick up your metabolism early in the day, and cause you to lose more weight in the long run.

Actually, you might want to know that most cereals contain trans fat. Trans fat stays in the body and cannot be eliminated because it is an artificial fat. So, cereals are actually very bad.If you re looking for something nutritious to eat for breakfast, why not try fruit?

Milk is healthy, just choose something with low-fat.Cereal is not needed as breakfast - just eat breakfast. Fruits, yogurt, or other whole grains/oats are fine for breakfast. Just make sure you eat something, it doesnt have to be cereal.