Friday, January 13, 2006

Raising calories to lose weight? -

Last March I started a weight loss program (LA Weight Loss) and it worked great for about 1.5 months during which I lost 20 pounds (my goal is 53). Then the weight loss slowed, and stopped. Then after Christmas, it began to climb again. I��ve been pretty good about following the diet and have now added Pilates and cardio. And I am still going no where.I did some research and found out I was eating between 1000-1200 calories a day, which come to discover, is just to low. Taking my doctors advice, I am increasing my diet to 1400 calories for 3 days, then up to 1600 for a day, and then repeat. I am figuring doing this will make me weigh more for a little while as my body comes out of starvation mode and as I gain muscle mass from my exercise regime. How long can I expect that to last and when will I start to show weight loss again?

Depending on how much weight you need to gain, I would say it will take about a week for your body to get used to the extra food, and then results should show as normal. You just need to get your metabolism working again.However, this is just my guess - I d ask your doctor.

you have made a very common mistake by restricting the calories too much for far too long. increasing the calories will help to reset your metabolism.

I don t know the answers to your questions. i just want to wish you good luck. try to be persistent. it feels so good when you reach your goal weight. good luck

wow dats pretti confusing lol all i gotta say is i had done sum reasearch and i learnt that ppl gain weight either by an overodse of calories or becuz stress or becuz thier metabolizm rate aint so high. when ppl metablosim rate aint so hi and they eat an hour or half an hour b4 bed or eat and go to bed rite away then they dont get anytime to burn all that food and digest it which has them gain weight. the best way im losing weight is that way i eat 3 hours b4 i go to bed this way i dont gain weight and i eat elss at nite BUT i eat alot in de mornign.

I m not a dietitian, but I have been there! I truly believe that little lifestyle changes will get you where you need to be. I ve lost 100 LBS and have never been happier and felt better.My advice is to get some advice from a Doctor.