Saturday, January 21, 2006

Whats a healthy weight loss rate? -

So far I ve lost almost 25lbs over the last year and a half, but I haven t really put myself on a structured or strict diet or workout routine. What is a healthy rate to lose weight if I want to lose weight faster and still keep it off?

About 1-2 pounds per week is optimal. Aim for about a pound a week and you ll do just fine. :)A structured diet/regular exercise will help, so by all means try to regulate those.Hope that helped!

It is suggest to not lose more than 2 lbs per week. However, I am not sure if this is the kind of thing that will help you or that you are looking for, but this is what has helped me. It s a website. This is 100% free. You put in how much you are trying to lose, and by when and it will tell you how many calories you would have to eat per day. It will give you a workout routine if you want one and if you don t it will tell you how many calories you would have to eat without exercise and still lose the weight. Although, keep in mind that exercixe will help it to come off faster. Plus the website offers meal plans too.This is a website that has helped me to lose weight (34 lbs. since Jan. 08). I could have actually lost more but I have been slacking a lot. It allows you to create a blog, keep track of what you ve eaten, and your fitness. Along with some other things.It is kind of set up like myspace if you are familiar with that, but it is only for weight loss. It is www.SparkPeople.com, and if you decide to do it you can tell them I sent you or stop by my page, my name there is Tryin2Lose2.

Almost all the literature That I have read state that to keep the weight off you should not lose more than two pounds a week.But make sure to eat. increase your fresh fruits and veggies.some dairy and whole grains. Try to keep oils and simple sugar use spare. olive oil has better health benefits. Good luck

the safest rate for losing weight is about 3lbs/week...you must portion control food fluid intake(take note of this that I`m NOT asking you to go on any diet) as well as workout 6 days/week, combining both cardio and toning workouts in adequate levels...good luck

Probably no more than 2lbs a week because if you lose more than that I believe you re losing weight in your body s water, so it s a false reading and you actually deprive your body.

Weight loss is a tricky thing you ll have to stay with the strict eating habits but also treat yourself every so often My motto is lose inches before pounds

Most medical doctors say the safest weight loss rate would be 2-3 pounds a week.

you should run every day for about an our and then eat healthy foods