Monday, February 13, 2006

How Good is Weight Watchers? -

I have finally decided to do something about my weight. Along with joining a gym, there are several weight loss programs that I want to sign up for.I am considering Weight Watchers. Does anyone have any experience with them? How good are they? What program would you recommend other than WW? (serious answers only please).Thanx for your help!

I m currently doing WW and have lost over 21 pounds in 15 weeks. My wife lost 50 pounds in 6 months and has kept it off over 2 years now.I found that WW has been easy for me to do because it does not require you to eat certain things (I hate most veggies) and it does not prohibit you from eating anything (I love pizza). What it does do is it holds you accountable for what you eat.If I want to have pizza I can plan accordingly and save enough points for a couple of slices. You can basically eat anything that you want...you just have to stop eating when you reach your daily point allowance. You learn that by eating healthier items you can have larger portions which help to keep you satisfied longer between meals.I have tried many diets over the years. Now I am losing weight and don t feel like I am dieting. That s what I call a good diet plan! Good luck!

My aunt tried Weight Watchers, and what it basically taught her that eating foods that are low in calories is the first best rule to follow when losing weight and to eat at a minimum. She was not completely satisfied with the results when she was on Weight Watchers when she bought the total gym from Chuck Noris and Christy Brinkley on TV. Her doctor s nurse told her that the best way a lot of women lose weight is through foods low in calories cut to a minimum each day including your veggies and fruits and healthy poultry with cereals and grains and maybe meat but not required and Cardio exercising. My aunt s nurse said that she needs to walk or ride a bike to increase her heart rate up to make her metabolism faster (metabolism: is the rate at which your body burns fat) to where she will always keep losing weight and keep it off. Now my aunt does weight watchers (on an affordable level) and on some months when the money is tight she only eats veggies (frozen or fresh) with fruit and cereals and poultry (like baked chicken breasts) and walks on her treadmill that she bought for 179 US dollars from JC Penney catalog with the free shipping (you can get free shipping and save a ton by just going to your local JC Penney s and buying the 29 dollar catalog) and using the ticket for your first order for free shipping. My aunt had 3 kids and weighed 385 several years ago. She now weighs 141 pounds and has kept it off permanently. This is how i keep my weight off too by the way. It works for me after having a nine and a half pound baby girl all these years.Good luck, and hope this helps.

It just depends who you are. It works differently on some people than it does on others. One diet that I have found that works for everyone is Ideal Protein. Everyone who has tried it, has successfully lost 3-7 pounds a week and it gets you healthy. It prevents you from losing muscle, only fat.