Sunday, February 12, 2006

How much weight can I lose in one month? -

I really want to lose weight the right way! I m a vegetarian, so I ll be getting most of my protein from eggs, or nuts. I will eat plenty of vegetables along with fruit. I used to eat a lot of sweets, which I plan on cutting out of my diet altogether. I will drink a lot more water than I normally do (I usually only drink about 3 cups). I will also exercise regularly. I know that healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week. I m expecting to only lose that amount each week. Meaning, after one month of dieting I ll lose around 7-8 pounds. Is it possible I might lose more? I know that I must be patient, but that s extremely hard to do! My ultimate goal is about 20 pounds, do you think it s possible to reach that goal in one month? Or should I set small goals one at a time??

Have a look at slimming worlds website. I ve been losing weight with them and they re brilliant. It s been the only thing that s worked and it s the only thing I would advise anyone to try!I am also vegetarian so green days work perfectly, I can have huge plates of pasta with home made sauce and a pile of cheese on top if I want, but there s so many things you can eat freely you re spoilt for choice!I don t know if you like it but quorn is very good and comes in mince, chicken style pieces, loads of variaties.It s not typical dieting , you ll never be hungry :)P.S. please ignore Nicole K...that has to be the stupidest most irresponsible way to advise anyone to lose weight. She needs help.

unless you weigh alot more than you should, that chances of losing 20 pounds safely in a month are slim to none... try to do this in two months and up your water to at least 8 glasses a day. You could lose 10 pounds in a month since there are typically a little more than 4 weeks in a month. don t get discouraged if you don t lose 2 pounds a week though, if that happens you may need to do higher intensity exercising.

do cardio and toning exercises 5 days a week and e5at small meals a day...as long as you dont lose beyond 3 lbs/week you are fine..you can shed 20 lbs in 2 months,but you gotta eat healthy and exercise your whole life so that whatever weight you lose doesnt come back..its just that once you enter the weight maintenance stage you can have an additional cheat meal weekly...

I lost 20 lbs in a month, not a very healthy way though but it is possible. I just straight up didn t eat. Well once every couple days I would have a little something otherwise I wouldn t feel soo hot. Set your goal but also remember that when your working out your also gaining muscle which is heavier than fat so also keep that in mind. But if there is a will there is a way. Good LUck

i would guess around 10 give or take a few pounds.plz answer minehttp://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?��

Firstly you can lose as much weight as you want in a short time period, however, you will gain it back. I am speaking from experience from someone who has been there done that with fad diets. There is the obvious liposuction, however, the recovery time is 3 �C 6 months and it sounds as though that you��re in a rush to lose the weight for possibly an event with no downtime to spare. I am and have been on weight watchers for 2 years and lost 25 lbs. It was a slow and steady race, however, I haven��t gained the weight back ��cause my diet has been stabilized and so was the weight loss from 0.5 �C 1 lb/week. Remember the weight gain didn��t happen overnight, it happened slowly over time, the same is with proper healthy weight loss, you can��t have/perform miracles over night. These are some things that I do.1.Drink lots of water as it kept me full longer. 2.Used an appetite suppressant like hoodie to make sure I don��t go over my daily calorie intake. 3.Did cardio and toning 3 �C 4 times a week. 4.Made meal and recipe modifications as I cooked. 5.When I dined out, I made sure that I wasn��t shy about asking the kitchen to make modifications like dressing/sauce on the side, half portion ordered the kids meal etc. 6.Brushing teeth after every meal, the mint acts like an appetite suppressant and without the taste in your mouth, you can easily forget about the food. 7.Never drank diet cola, the aspartame actually made me crave food more for some reason. 8.At work I take a break before lunch and either take the stairs in the building or just general toning without weights. We have a gym at work so I do about 15 minutes of weights which not only gets my blood flowing but releases tension from a**hole customers. 9.Bought snacks in bulk (to save money) and properly measured what a cup or portion was and made individual baggies. There are some snacks on the market that are 100 calorie snacks, however, I find those to be too expensive than just buying in bulk and separating the portions yourself. Also by physically separating them yourself, you get an idea of what a portion is supposed to be and you learn to properly eye ball correct portions.