Thursday, February 23, 2006

Weight loss? Can I lose 20lbs doing this? -

Just cutting calories and going to the gym an hour 6-7days a week. I usually do 30-50 min of cardio. 30 min (2miles usually on the cross trainer) on the days that I do weights. On the days when I just do 30 min of cardio I usually burn 300 calories and the days when I do 50 min (Usually 5-7 miles between the cross trainer and bike) I usually burn 500.When I say cut calories I mean I still eat what I want just in moderation. If I want chocolate I have a piece not an entire candy bar or bag like I used to.I am not looking for fast weight loss just healthy weight loss. I want to know if I will lose weight even with still eating the same foods but just in moderation.My calories are usually 1,500-1,600 a day.Currently I am 5 9, 20yrs old, 180lbs. My goal weight is 160lbs for now. I have a large body frame and the healthy weight range for that is 149-170lbs. So 160 is right in the middle.

Yes it does, very realistic and healthy. For a girl who is 5 9 with a large body frame your weight is a good starting pount because you re still healthy and within a healthy weight range for your height. If you choose to work out daily (which is great! Remember your cardio, very important) do what I do (not because I do it but because its recommended by some of the best selling diet books and fitness books) when weight training and building ab, thigh, and butt muscle alternate between your upper and lower body each day. I.E. Lift weights and do push ups, etc monday and do squats, work abs and butt tuesday. It gives your muscles time to heal in between workouts.I lost 30lbs about a year ago and I have kept it off (170lbs to 140 I m 5 9 medium frame) So I do speak from experience. Good luck!

Good day,Diet is not the only way to lose weight. Exercise is just as, if not more, important to being fit. If you can not stand the idea of going to the gym, there are some fun ways to get exercise that will keep you from getting bored, burn calories and increase fitness on every level. A safe and healthy weight loss is one to two pounds per week. Many people lose even more when they first begin the program and follow it closely. Weight loss results will vary for each individual.

Ofcourse everyone knows that a healthy diet and exercise will help loose weight. And by healthy I mean eating regular food just try smaller portions you dont have to live off lettuce. Good Luck in reachings your goals!