Sunday, March 12, 2006

Am I working too hard? -

I have been on a weight loss program since June. I do cardio 5 times a week (walk on treadmill) and light weight training 2x a week (mostly arms and core w/ 3 lb weights). I have been gradually increasing the intensity of the cardio over the last few months and lately I was doing 45 minutes at 2.6 mph MWF and 20 minutes at 2.4 T Th, and I was fine. But last week, I added more reps to my weight training and I really felt the burn this time, there was no real pain though. The thing is, yesterday when I went to do my normal cardio, I got really tired and week after only 20 minutes. I eat a healthy diet, about 1500 calories a day, and I am 5 7 , 195 lbs. I guess what I want to know is am I overdoing it, or not eating enough? I have been focusing mostly on my cardio the last 3 months and this is the first month I ve really focused on strength training. Is strength training more taxing on your body or something? Am I just tired out, or maybe coming down with a bit of cold??

I am so proud of you. You are doing very well. If your body feels overly sore, then you may be working too hard. Lighten up and gradually increase the number of weighs, reps etc. Also watch wat you eat. You need more protein less fat... and a healthy serving of carbohydrate.