Saturday, March 25, 2006

Diet worked for 1 week and then since then nothing is happening. What am I doing wrong? -

I am 124 and I am 5 1 and I want to lose 9 more lbsI eat 1212 calories Monday - friday netNet means I burn say 300 daily working out M-F 30 mins a day and I eat back my calories so the total calories consumed minus what I burned is 1212 ishMy work out consists of 20 mins (215 calories) of Eliptical weight loss program level six and eight alternating. Then 10 Minutes of resistance training. I mix it up daily but try to always get some ab work in there as well as the rest of me. I also do a 500 calorie Salsa Aerobics class once a week. I do not eat back those calories because that is to make up for not going to the gym on the weekend. I keep my sodium aroun 1500 -1700 mg per dayI am drinking nothing but waterMy meals are consitant of Fiber One 9am , salad with chicken feta and light dressing 12pm, one protein smoothie from Robecks 2pm, a snack of fruit with cottage cheese or peanutbutter before leaving work around 4:30 pm, Chicken, Fish, or lean meat with loads of veggies for dinner, and fruit or something small around 9pm. On weekends I am less strict but I do not go overboard at all. I have cut out alcohol.I get 100+ g of protein a dayI get 20-25 g of fiber a dayI lost 6 lbs in the first week which was probably mostly water weight. But now it is 3 and 1/2 weeks total and I have not lost anything other then that first 6 lbs... I have measured and I haven t gone down any inches either!!!Please tell me what I am doing wrong

It doesn t sound like you are doing anything wrong. This is how weight loss works. the first week you lose about 5-10 lbs, and you re right, that s mostly water weight. Then, you must keep your routine consistent and you may not see any more results for 8-12 weeks. This perfectly normal. Your body has to adjust to the changes in your diet and activity, and your metabolism will follow. Just stay consistent. Don t get discouraged and only weight yourself once a week (if you must). You will see a difference before your weight changes. Especially since you are strength training. muscle weighs more than fat, but it looks much better! ;) Just keep it up, and the weight will come off, that 9 lbs will be gone in no time! Good luck! Email me if you have any other specific questions. Hope this helps :)

Try more of the conditioning or keep a high heart rate during workouts.Also you didn t mention what you drink.Other than eating friut for every snack why don t you try something like unsalted almonds for a snack.Otherwise your plan looks ok..I would just put in a little more runing in your workouts,mabey some interval training......go to rosstraining.com,it will change your whole outlook and should give you the answes you need...Good luck.

SIMPLE!!! do 1 hour of exercises instead of 30 minutes!!!!