Saturday, March 25, 2006

Why? I just want to know....? -

I m getting a headache here. Can someone tell me, are these people on here serious or just plain stupid? You can t lose 10 lbs. in 32 hours, throwing up for 11 days straight is not a healthy weight loss alternative...and why do so many people want to look like Nichole Ritchie?? There is no such thing as safe and fast weight loss...the two don t go together. Are people really this clueless? I wish I could reach out to them all and help them...but cloning is not an option here. Young ladies, especially teens, PLEASE! You are too young to diet and too young to be trying to conform yourselves to this skinny image. Enjoy being a kid, just stay active. You are beautiful the way you are...Nichole Ritchie is not! She s repulsive to look at. I hope I didn t offend anyone, but I had to get this out. I am a personal trainer and losing weight is not easy and it takes a lot of effort. I know, I have been down that road. If you need help, feel free to contact me. Take care!

This is good sound advice, and more of an answer than a question. However, I believe your question was why people are willing to do stupid and dangerous things in order to lose weight and look like some celebrity. It s vanity -- simple as that. It s unrealistic vulnerability, and very dangerous to their health, but they ll still do it if they think they ll find that pot of gold at the end of the wishful thinking rainbow....There s not much anyone can do about it, and the media is certainly no help. I guess you just have to wait until they grow up and get some sense in their heads. Hindsight is always more of a revelation than foresight. Thanks for writing.

i think its because , when a girl is overweight, or just chubby,, guys, and girls comment about it,, and make them go to the extremes of trying to lose wight,,,,but i agree with you completely.i have one question for you since you are a trainer, how do you lose weight on your calves? when i was young i use to always work out my legs,, i stopped and now my calve are huge,, and if i turn them to muscle they will still be huge, just in muscle form,, do you have any advice,,, ? Ty

Good for you! That needed to be said. The only way I know of to lose 12 lbs fast is to cut off your arm. A lot of folks out there aren t stupid, they are just bombarded with stupid messages. They are fed a diet of weight-image messages rather than health-image. And there are too many people making too much money off this nonsense for it to stop on it s own. I really appreciate the fact that you didn t just criticize, but you offered to help. Hopefully you will save help somebody from a life of bondage to insecurity and unhealthy body image.

Most people don t know that there is no such thing as quick weight loss. With all the scams on TV that show people losing 10, 20, 30lbs in a month, most don t know what to believe. That s why they ask.Young people DO needa be concerned about their weight. I hate it when someone young comes on here concerned about their weight and people tell them that they re too young to worry about it. I was 10ish when I started getting fat.. I wish I had someone to help me years ago so that I coulda got the weight off at a young age before it became an issue. Fat kids = fat adults if action isn t taken. We can t be mindreaders and assume they are trying to be anorexically skinny. They may seriously have a few pounds they should lose.

I hear ya sista!

i keep giving the same advice over and over, but ill repeat it as many times as i must here, still if they dont want to hear it, im wasting my fingertips.