Saturday, March 11, 2006

Im trying to eat healthy since needing to have emergency gall bladder removal, but dont know where to start? -

Hi, I m trying to eat healthy and would like to stick to a plan that gives me full menu / recipes for everyday of the week. There are so many programs out there that CLAIM to be the healthiest and best for you that I just don t know which to go with. Currently I ve been looking into Dr. Mercola s Total Health Program and I ve been following his program for a couple of weeks, but I don t know if his program is the best for me in the long run. Can anyone suggest a better program I could follow? I m not overweight at all, so I m not looking for a weight loss program, I just want to find a program that will KEEP ME HEALTHY and that focuses on digestive health (which is the main problem I ve been dealing with since having my surgery). I would love to recieve tips and recipes from anyone who has had their gall bladder removed too. What foods do you eat and how is your digestion? By the way, I ve seen gastroenterologists and they haven t been able to help w/ suggestions on what to eat.

Follow the orders your Doctor gave you when you went back for your follow up. I m sure you asked him this question. I hope you are not crazy enough to ask the general public when have an educated response from a licensed physician at your disposal.?!

well i know this diet that is very low in carbs but i dont recommend it for more then 10-15 days i didnt once you can lose 15-17 pounds in 15 days .. heres how it go s:1-you count only 15gramsof carbs for the whole day whitch is very low because a normal person should eat about 300 g carbs a day.you get 5-6 very small portion meals.eat only green veggies nothing else colored veggies like carrots and corn contain sugars.no dairy ,no milk, or yougret (i know it s weired but it works)no candy, no pretzels (in general no carbs)you can eat egg white. chihken breast fish ans tuna (witch have no carbs and barly any fat so fill up on that)you can also eat peanuts ( but becarful a serving of peanuts has 8 carbs so if you eat that there wont be much carbs left for the daydrink only water no diet coke or caffine (that maens no coffee either )so that is it it s basicly a high protien diet with very low carbs oh ya and you cant have fruits either ( i know it s crazy)but be carfull and stay hydrated . when i did this diet for a week li lost about 10 pound i was dehydrated so be carefull another friend of mine done it and lost 17ibs in 15 days with an hour of tredmill a day i dont really recommend this diet exept if you reallty need to lose weight fast for an occationprepare your self to starve .. i hope you lose the weightgood luck, and take a vitamin supplement like vitamin C for a more healthy approuch check out this website free tools, diet pland and exercieshttp://www.sparkpeople.com/

Here s why they re telling you to eat healthy: Fat in your diet stimulates your gall bladder to contract and squeeze out bile into your digestive tract. Because you re having a problem with your gall bladder, this action is causing you pain. Therefore, currently when you eat fatty foods, you get pain, which stops you wanting to eat fatty foods. When the surgery s complete, you ll no longer have this pain, which means that it s easier for you to eat fatty foods - which makes you put on weight :-)Eating healthy is about making healthy choices for LIFE. This requires a major change in how you think about food. The only one I can really recommend is Weight Watcher s, because it really lets you think about what you re putting into your system and whether it s healthy.It would also be a good idea to speak to a dietitian. They ll tell you lots of stuff that you already have heard of, but it s the only stuff that matters in the long run.

I know what you are going through as I have had mu gall bladder removed. It will get better over time and you wont be as sensitive to food, it took me over two years to get some normality back. I mainly stayed away from fatty food eg butter, chocolate, any take away food except if healthy, mayonnaise and other things like this.I have heard that the CSIRO book is a sensible eating plan for everyday living and the book is only $20 from Target.I don t know if you have a problem with this but I can not take any codeine now or i get severe pain in the stomach, just thought I would give you the heads up on that.I hope all goes well and you get back on track soon.

One thing I can recommend is for you to cut out sugar.Our bodies need natural sugar like fructose, sucrose, glucose, dextrose, lactose, etc. etc.You can get natural sugars from fruit and drinks like Gatorade.What we don t need is the refined, processed table sugar that s included in a lot of foods and snacks.Just cut out potato chips, ice cream, snack cakes, and soda pop.Drink plenty of Gatorade and milk.Some people don t like the taste of regular white milk, so I ve been told by a doctor that adding Nesquick to milk is ok, but other than that you really should avoid refined sugar.