Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Heathly Weight loss meal plan...? -

I am 21, 5 4 and about 190lbs. I am looking to lose about 50 lbs in a little over 5 months. I think that this is a healthy weight loss time period. I am very committed and I am starting to work out. My workouts are lasting about 30 to 40 minutes and consist of:Monday-cardioTuesday-upper body workoutWednesday-CardioThursday-lower body workoutFriday-cardioSaturday-combo upper and lower bodyI have done weight watchers before and I know that it works, but I am looking to try another method without counting points. I am thinking of something along the lines of 5 or 6 small meals about 2.5-4 hours apart (depending on when I can actually eat, but not over 4 hours). I have a general idea of what would be a good meal plan, but any suggestions would be great. Also, I am looking to tone up after I lose some weight. Any specific ideas of exercises to do that fit within my workout plan? Thanks in advance for the help!!!!

Your workout plan sounds pretty good, here are some nutritional and healthy meal guidelines:1.Commit to consuming 4 - 6 small meals and snacks everyday. 2.To succeed, you must plan ahead by packing your foods the night before. Thus, you should always have fresh and low-fat foods around. 3.Keep it simple. Don t get too caught up on the specifics or your diet. Start by simply just counting calories. 4.Eat your foods slower. 5.Make healthier food selections like fruits, vegetables, whole grain cereals, and beans, low-fat or nonfat dairy products, low fat meats, fish and skinless poultry. 6.Avoid foods that are high in fat and calories. 7.Avoid foods that are high in sugars such as pastries, candy bars, pies and candy. 8.Use a variety of fruits and vegetables in your nutrition plan. Start by trying to eat 5 total vegetable and fruit servings every single day.

For most people the problem when it come to meals isn t WHAT they eat, it s HOW MUCH they eat. Portion control is probably the most important first step to eating well.Sounds like you have the workout routine scheduled out well. Now just stick to it and you should be good to go.The hardest part of getting in shape isn t learning what to do..... it s actually doing it!