Friday, April 28, 2006

My newborn daughter weighs in at almost 10 lbs. Shes a big girl.? -

I know childhood obesity is a problem. How long should we wait before put her on a weight-loss program?

Don t starve your child. Just because she is big at birth does not mean she will be a big child, or baby for that matter.My son weighed over 8lbs. when she was born. He was a little big for a while, very heavy - seemed to gain weight really fast, but he wasn t fat, just big. He is now 4 and he is so durn tiny that I wish he could gain a little weight.Wait until she is about 3 or 4, but talk to a dr. first, don t do anything on your own. When she is able to stand up and walk, do fun things with her so she is exercising and having fun, like dancing and running around.

You know what I meant, there is no reason to be so smart, I said my son. You are the idiot with issues thinking you need to put your newborn on a diet. I think you are more worried about her being fat than her health. And my son is a boy, it was a typo. Report Abuse

she isnt big!??!?!?!? y would you put her on a weightloss program??? she is newborn!!!LOL, but seriosly, thats a bit big but she shouldnt og on a diet or a probram, when i was newborn i weight 8ish 9 pounds and im actually underweight now

Don t worry about it. My son was born at 6lb 13oz and now at the age of 15mo, he s bigger than most 3 year olds. They balance out in the long run. Right now they need the baby fat and fatty foods to build up their body and immune system. They figure out childrens growth on a generic chart. As long as she is within the guidelines the pediatrition states, nothing to worry about. Be happy she s not 20lbs.

That is a big girl!

congratulations on your healthy baby girl! you must be careful not to underfeed a baby they are still developing and need to eat well.talk to your pediatrician i am sure they will tell you what to do to keep your baby healthy and happy.good luck.

newborns are not obese. they can be big. but they can not be overweight.

That should be up to her peditrician to decide. Next time you take her to the doctors, tell him/her your concerns see what he/she says.

are you serious? My son was 9lbs at birth. She is fine. If you have questions talk to her doctor.

Yes, she s a big baby. I had four daughters, my youngest came in a 9lbs 9oz at birth. She s FINE...no obesity.Don t START this problem with your daughter!!! Many causes for babies to be born this large, for me it was gestational borderline diabetes. Yes, moms with blood sugar problems do tend to have larger babies. Also genetics play into this. My ex was a large baby when he was born (just under 10 lbs himself). I was normal (7 lbs).There are variations with this normal range, and your pediatrician will tell you this and will discourage you from viewing a newborn child as obese. Best approach: let the child grow normally and by all means...have mom breast feed!!

omg too early to think of that way too earlyive heard of babies weighing more than that

Wow, she s really a big girl. But that s for you to ask the doctor, when she was born, didn t the doctor tell you that she was overweight?

I wouldn t even think of it!!!My first child was 10lbs. 10oz and 24 inches at birth.He s 22 years old now, 6ft 3inches and weighs 185.Healthy and all I did was teach him how to eat properly as he grew up.

please tell me you are joking

just because she weighs 10 pounds doesn t mean there s something wrong with her, I ve had so many relatives have 10 pounds and 91/2 pound babies.. she s just a big girl.. no weightplan necessary unless she is 16 and so fat she can t control her weight.

I was 10 lbs. and am healthy as a horse now. Babies are supposed to be fat. It is why the human race is still alive. It is for their protection. It is healthy and natural for a baby to be fat. Don t diet her now because that will harm the baby. Just feed her a regular amount. Don t worry about weight loss stuff until she is much older-if she s still even fat. I knew a girl that was about 10 lbs. and is now skinny as a rail. Don t worry about it.

hahahaha...you re kidding right?