Sunday, April 16, 2006

Need help for healthy weight-loss.? -

I m 25 , 5 7 , 160-164 lbs, and pear shaped (smaller on top, small bust, fuller hips, butt legs). I lost 20 lbs late last year and have maintained this new weight for about 6 months but I ve got several reasons for wanting to lose more weight...I obviously want to get healthier and be fit, I m going to the beach in late May, I m in a wedding in June AND...my husband and I want to start trying to have a baby later this year. So, I really want to lose around 25 lbs. But, that number isn t as important to me as losing the inches. I want to tone my upper body and need to figure out how to lose mega inches in my hips, butt thighs. I just bought a gym membership and my plan is to spend 1 hour there 3 days a week...20-40 minutes on the eliptical and/or bike and the remainder of the time using the weight machines. Will that be sufficient or should I do a different routine? Also, I know I have a relatively slow metabolism, are there any safe supplements I should look into?

Going to the gym is a good start. But you should watch in what order you do your workout. If you want to build muscle mass (which you do, even though youre female, i ll explain why in a minute), and lose fat, you should only do about 5-8 minutes of cardio prior to your workout, then hit the weights for however long your routine is, and then spend another half hour on cardio. You don t want to burn out on cardio before you lift. You should also try to build some muscle mass (this may make your weight stay the same, but you ll notice the difference visually). The reason for this is because the more muscle mass your body has on it, the more calories your body burns, even at rest. And you don t have to worry about looking all muscular and stuff right away, it really doesn t happen like that, bodybuilders and powerlifters have to work months and years to get their physique like that. So just beginning with light weights is a good start.There are plenty of safe supplements out there as well for boosting your metabolism, but I wouldn t take that route unless it was your last alternative. CLA is actually really awesome, it s all natural too. You can read about it if u want, i linked it in my sources.And remember, when youre trying to lose weight in your midsection, to avoid weighted exercises and a lot of the side bends, and twisting exercises will actually increase your waist size, because rather than toning your obliques, you will build them up. To work your obliques you should to crunches with your feet crossed and off the ground, going up to alternating sides, and also reverse crunches are great. Lift your legs into the air straight up, and then pick our butt up off the ground.Don t forget, if you start a workout routine, you will also need to change what you put in your body. If you are feeling a lot of stress and soreness in your muscles, you re not getting enough protein. And also watch where your carbs come from. Avoid bread carbs, and try and get them from a healthier source, such as broccoli, cauliflower, or even rice.I hope this helps some, if you have any questions feel free to email me.

Do a search for Slow Burn Workout. It s a method where you are absolutely not allowed to sweat during the workout, and you slowly (up to 30 seconds for one rep) lift and lower weights until you can t do any more reps. You do it once a week.It hits your body in a different way than a standard workout, and helps you get around some of the limitations you run into once your body gets used to a particular type of workout. It s a great way to get past any plateaus you may have hit.Zebahttp://www.jigsawaday.com

You may want to educate yourself on eating write and work at providing your body with what s need. You should make sure balance is key when making a change. Water, tea, fiber, veggies are some of the things that will make a difference. cutting back on sugar, sugar substitutes, junk foods, starches, preservatives, and MSG is a good start. View the article at http://stayinformed.info/health/weightco�� or details.