Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Weight loss????....Tips.? -

I m 16 and I want to lose my belly and my love handles.How would I go about doing this?Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

The biggest thing is look for the points in your life that are your weaknesses and dont remove them, or you ll fail for sure, but find replacements. I liked candy, but I replaced the chocolate, with sour keys (freakishly low in calories for candy).Don t listen to fads. The best way is the old way- exercise to boost metabolism combined with calorie restriciton. A calorie is a calorie, and directly translates to fat. That basically what it is a measure of (about 3,500 cals/lb). Some good tips are:Do watch your calories but don t eat too little, or your metabolism will slow. Eat every 4 hours, but not after 4 hours before you go to bed. Eat breakfast. Watch how much oil you use when you cook. Find alternatives for cheese and dips (I use fat free sour cream). Worry more about what you re eating than wether you re working out enough to burn it off. You would have to work out vigourously for more than an hour (500+ cals) to burn off a big mac (600 cals). Don t weigh yourself- as you gain muscle you will think you arent losing weight. If you mess up its not a big deal- just keep on trying- you didn t fail. Make half of whatever plate you are eating on full of veg you like (I eat it first so I can enjoy the rest better, haha). Make meals, sit down and eat them as an event, and snack wisely.Learn when you are SATISFIED, but not STUFFED.The best things I found to look out for are sauces (so easy to cut out or find an alternative), juice (good for you, but high in calories).This will have to be for life if you want to keep it off, so find a way to make it fit your needs. Need candy? Find alternatives, or a healthy way to limit yourself. Never completely deny yourself something. You will fail because you ll always want it and you ll hate your new life. It s OK to have wings sometimes, just not all the time. Have 15 fries instead of 50. It has to be long term or youll gain it back, and everybody on the planet know s yo-yo diets dont work. Don t starve yourself, for goodness sake. Find your favourite foods in a healthy way.Good luck!

I m actually in the process of losing a massive amount of weight. To date, 105 pounds in 24 weeks. What I have found that works the best is something I ve learned is called calorie shifting . The way I do it is vary the amount of calories you consume each day. Say you decide on a 1200 calorie diet per day. Alternate days from 1000 calories to 1400 calories. This tricks your metabolism thinking it is getting 1400 calories every day. It will prevent your metabolism from dropping to levels that cannot sustain weight loss. Good luck! :)

Hey, I m almost 16 and I m currently losing weight for summer.I ve been on many different programs but the regime that s worked best for me has been to ban chocolate and ice-cream totally form my diet and to eat healthy regular meals. I go to the gym 4 days a week and attend group fitness classes which is the main way I lose my weight, I go with two friends which keeps me motivated.My main advice is to eat healthy food (lots of vegies and fruit and protein such as fish) in regular meals and exercise regularly.

stop eating a lot.