Sunday, May 14, 2006

Can someone please help me with my weight loss issue? -

Okay, so i m a teenage girl and i have body issues. I know you may think i m just like every other girl..but i consider mine to be a major burden in my life. Let s just say that i used to go home after school when i was in 3rd grade to do tae bo. Nothing seemed to work until 2 and a half years ago when my parents noticed my problem as well. I went from 170 pounds down to 132 through healthy dieting and exercise. I was feeling great about myself until i entered high school, started look at the other girls, and realized i could be a lot thinner. Since then, the stresses of school and my social life have led me to go back up to 145. I can t seem to go back down now and have resorted to unhealthy methods. I have also since been to a therapist, but that hasnt worked either. I constantly look at other girls and have such a feeling of envy that i don t want to have anymore. I just want to be happy with myself. I don t want to hurt myself but losing this weight is the only thing i want right now..i just can t figure out why it s so hard. I know i can do it, i ve done it before. But lately i ve sunken into a depression due to family and friend issues which has caused me to resort to mt.dew, doritos, and snack cakes. I guess i m aware that the only true answer to long term, healthy weight loss is diet and exercise, but i just can t seem to get back on the horse again. Can anybody offer any tips or motivating insight to help me finally feel good about myself?

Hi EliseWe all have gone through this at some point in life, I think its more about acceptance than any weight issue.The deal with all this is finding out who you are as an individual, you need to be happy with yourself and stop thinking about what other people might think - that comes with age.You`ll find in years to come that the prom queen turned out to be a nobody working a mcjob.Lots of people make a massive possitive impact on the world and when you are happy with yourself others see that too.You know what you need to do, you dont need us lot to patronise you with answers you already know.You go girl, find something you love and stick at it.Thinking about it whilst chomping on a bag of doritos doesnt do any good.Bottom line, dont be all concerned about image, as you can make a real difference and if you just want tips for a healthy diet, listen to yourself and just have that little bit more willpower.All the bestJames

It is hard to get back into a routine of exercising but you can make it fun for yourself. If you like to read...take a book and go for a walk or music is always fun to dance too. Instead of looking at the things you don t like about yourself..look at what you do like about yourself. Don t judge yourself based on what other girls look like. They are not you and you are not them. Everyone is different and obviously can t be the same. I know I looked at a girl in school and just said Life is not fair She was so thin and pretty but I knew her life wasn t perfect. So things go hand in hand. When you look at someone and say to your self Wow, I want to be her or look like her I m sure she has many other issues just like everyone else. Maybe worse off than you or me. Not that yours are bad...I don t know your issues but what I m saying is everyone has them. Just start to love yourself for who you are and not who you want to be.