Thursday, May 25, 2006

Weight Loss and Exercise? -

I m 5 9, 274lbs, I know, a fatty :). I m an administrative assistant, so I haven t exercised much. My doctor told me I need to lose weight (no big surprise there). I went from a non-exercising day to walking 20 minutes a day and cutting calories. It s been 3 days and haven t heard back from my dr, so wanted to ask if anyone knew, based on the above info, how many calories I should intake for a healthy weight loss? I don t want to go into starvation mode.

Using the calculator listed in my sources given your height and weight (and assuming that you re a woman), you are burning about 2000 calories a day. That means that to lose at the recommended pace of 2 lbs a week, you should be eating about 1400 calories a day.Good luck, and have fun with the calculator!

You should calculate about how many calories you eat in a normal day(if you would NORMALY eat the burger, include it) now decrease the number of calories you eat by 200 every other day untill you get to about 1300 calories, good luck!

Read some very effective weight loss tips and exercises on this site to help you

For your height and job I would say that you could do well with eating only 1500-2000 calories a day. This will not starve you. I am 5 8 and I work out one hour a day and it s enough for me. I hope it s ok that I included what I did to lose 40 lbs in 2 months.Burn more calories than you eat. Cut your fat intake. Eat three cups of fat free low cal yogurt a day (make sure it has live cultures in it) and pineapples. This helps you break down your food. Do 45-60 min. of aerobic exercise a day (preferably before you eat in the morning). This will attack the fat. Try to supplement your training with some running, running stairs or hills, and cycling. Mix it up, it will keep your body guessing.Do 30 min of weight training three times a week. This will build lean muscle which will in turn burn fat.Keep moving all the time. Tap you feet while at the computer, tap you hands on your legs while walking. Keep moving and keep burning calories.I lost 40 lbs in two months and have kept it off for three more months doing this. I also took my body fat % from 30% to 14% and my waist from 36 inches to 32.

Give me a party if the solution worksYou have to ascend and descend 3 floors of ur building 6-8 times in a single go till u feeel tired and sweat a lot . But remember u have to run on steps not walk. do it regular for 7 days and have moderate food ... But be regular u may reduce upto 10 Ibs a weekDo reply