Thursday, May 11, 2006

What is a healthy weight loss rate? -

I currently weight around 220. My ideal weight is 170 or so. I was 228ish a week or two ago. I don t know how I am losing it. I mean, I have been eating less, exercising more and drinking more water but I don t think I have been doing it enough to lose that much. Is that healthy?

It s okay, you probably just lost some water weight. As you continue to lose weight, you should be aiming to lose about 2-3lb per week maximum and as you approach your goal, no more than 1lb-2lb per week maximum.Good luck : )

Fat burns off a lot quicker when you first start out with healthy habits. It tends to slow down a little bit eventually, but as long as you re eating healthy but still meeting your energy needs, I d say you re doing great. Just make sure you don t reduce your calorie intake by too much, or your metabolism will slow down and you ll retain weight easier. Good luck!

You d be surprised how easy it is to lose weight sometimes. 2-4 lbs a week is healthy.

1-2 pounds weekly is a healthy rate. Anything more is water and muscle loss. Good Luck with everything! =)

its healthy bcuz you re a tad bit overweight. (i dont know how tall you are or how much muscle you have..) but if you start working out and lifting weights, you ll gain a lot more muscle, replacing that fat. as you get slimmer and slimmer, it ll be harder to lose those extra pounds as you get closer to 170, but keep in mind if you lift weights and stuff, muscle weighs more than fat.