Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Calorie, fat, carb daily intake!? -

Ok so I m trying to each a healther diet while losing weight. I ve researched every artical online that I could about Calorie, Fat and Carb intake. For my height I have to get 1500 Calories(lowest), 30-35g of Fat and 92g of Carbs daily to have a healthy diet. But I can t seem to get more then 700-800 Calories daily without uping the intake of the other two. I m getting less than 30g of Fat daily (Unless I eat fast food) and it s hard for me to stay in the 92g of Carbs daily. I did all the math and everything for what I m suppose to get a day (Btw 92g of Carbs is based on my 700 Calorie intake a day and 30g of Fat is base on a healthy weight loss diet). I read that if you get below your lowest daily Calorie needs your body goes into Starvation mode storing fat instead of burning it (Again my lowest needs are 1500 Cals daily). I do 15mins of Stretching, 20mins of Pilates and in total about 2hours or more of walking a day (I lose about 726 Calories).

1500 calories is low ... but fine.Ur body is like a car .... u need fuel..... if u fill ur car wit 2000 calories and only burn 1500 than the other 500 calories will more than like ly b stored as fat.alories are nothing more than fuel 4 ur body...... thats it. Food in ....energy out. Whether u eat 1500 cals of fat or 1500cals of carbs .... its stil 1500 calories and will be burned as such. Now 92 grams of carbs is very low especially if u exercise. But really just remember that 1500 calories is 1500 cals... whether its from a bowl of icecream or a chicken caesr salad. So dson t stress too much over the amount of grams. 1 gram of carbs is burned after 20 minutes of chewing gum so relax. And try to do ur cardio on anempty stomach.. maybe in the mornin..... this will ensure optimum fat burning.

I don t know how you got the 92g of carbs but to calculate the daily intake of carbs is (4 to 4.5 x your weight in kg), so if you are 60kg you would calculate it as follows:4 x 60kg = 240g to4.5 x 60kg = 270gso the daily carb intake for a 60kg person would be 240g to 270g.I hope this helps you a bit.