Friday, June 16, 2006

Ive lost 4 pound in a week, but...? -

am i doing too much? as they say 2 pound a week is a healthy weight loss each week and anything more is unhealthy... i ve been eating a good diet, just cutting out carbs and fat, and have started to go to the gym 6 times a week doing 5k each time on the treadmill and also weights. im trying to lose 2 stone in 4 months, im currently 5 5 female, weighing 10 stone 10, 150 pounds... do i need to slow down a bit? or is this ok? just worrying that my weight loss will come to a hult. and how much is a realistic weight loss in a 4 months? thanks in advance x

this is no set of correct answers when it comes to weight loss. the bottom line is simply that it depends on too many factors, what your calorie intake is, what the intensity of your cardio training is, what your metabolic rate is, what % of your calories are fat calories vs. complex carbs and proteins and FIBER....there is nothing wrong with losing 4lbs in a week, there is nothing wrong with losing more, or less than that. what does matter is that you are eating enough calories to match the intensity of your workouts and that you are drinking enough water....i have struggled with my weight since elementary school- a solid 15 years now...i look back at my height to weight ratio and how physically strong i was and i want to beat the stupid misconceptions out of the me from back then. i was perfectly healthy, i am 5 11 and i should have never felt bad about weighing more than the 5 3 girls in my classes. but that s a sidebar....the point is when i was doing the intense cardio conditioning workouts at the start of track and field season, we would work 5 days a week, 2 hours a day HARD and i would drop 15-20 pounds in a matter of two weeks. and i didn tt change my diet to go anorexic orbulimia was simply a REALLY tough workout. and it was healthily lost weight. bear in mind as you work out that everyone works at a different pace and as long as you are not in pain during your workouts or find yourself eating less than 1200-1500 calories per day (unless your doctor says so) you should be just fine.

When I did a similar regime I lost a lot i the first week too. then it levelled off to a pound or two a week. I lost quite a bit.But be very careful, as soon as I started eating normally again, the weight just piled back on.And now I weigh about a stone more than when I began to diet and exercise. Unless you are prepared to live like this for the rest of your life, be careful because the weight comes back and then some as soon as you stop.

is it your first week of dieting? im presuming it is - then the 4lbs will be mostly water weight. You will even off and will lose between 1-2.5lbs from now on. If you do hit a plateau dont give up. Increase exercise and cut down a little on cals until you see it shifting again - good luck

Weight loss was a nightmare for me until I tried out acai berry. I understand they say that pills don t work, nevertheless they sure worked for me, and they have been showcased on the Rachael Ray Show too. There is a free trial on at the moment at http://gichind.cq.hk, give it a try , why not?

check in the back of the sofa, pounds normally fall down there

If this is your first week it s fine just don t expect it to continue, people often lose more weight in their first week.It also may be worth doing a check to make sure you are actually eating enough and having a balanced diet.I m in a similar situation, but weight more, I m currently 75Kg and I m 5 4 I also go to the gym 5-6 days a week and make sure i eat between 1300 and 1700 calories a day, the more exercise i do the more I eat. I ve lost 19lb in 12 weeks.One thing to note is that after a while you may stick at the same weight for a bit, the best way over that is to shake up your routine, go to the gym at a different time or change your workout and try a cross trainer instead of the treadmill. I ve even found increasing my calories for a day then dropping back to normal has been enough to drop the lb s again.

wow you sure are going for it and good for you but I can not help but think this is a little too much on the exercise front as for the weight loss well you may find from week to week more weight loos and sometimes a little less keep an eye on it and I would say for the general weight loss hey how comfortable are you in your favourite jeans if the answer is very or they fit just right then fitness is the key thing not what you weigh and since your going to the gym a lot I d say your fitness is fine. I would say you may want to cut the gym down to three or four visits a week