Friday, June 23, 2006

Weight loss info about health benefits? -

Im thinking about starting a weight loss program with my family. Mostly, because some members of my family live unhealthy lifestyles and as a nursing major I know that they are at risk for health programs in the future if they dont start living healthy. I want to teach them to change their lifestyles by learning to eat healthier and exercise more. Im thinking a 3 month time span would work best and plan on giving a 1st and 2nd place prize (a shopping spree of $250 and a spa package.) I want to make packets of information regarding diseases that are related to being overweight such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure, etc. Does anyone know of great sites where i could find info regarding those and also what do you think of the incentives. I plan on getting about 10+ family members to participate and plan on having a dinner at the end of the program. Please help with any ideas or suggestions that you have. Thanks!!

Hey, I salute you for that for taking the first move. That s great! Actually, I was once had those problems with health when I was once a 169lbs. But good thing I met a low-calorie diet that helped me shed off 25lbs in just 10 weeks without even going to the gym or doing some exercise coz I am busy with work. What s more, if you ll really want it to be more exciting, please drop me an email. I d love to help you attain success in that plan program. Go for it!

Wow, and exercise program.

try webmd.com

Great idea! You ll be sort of an evangelist for healthy living for your family, and I m sure they ll get the message. Hope you have a good conversion rate. Really great idea. Love the prize concept. Ought to at least get their attention.My wife, bless her heart, is also a nurse. She started trying to convert us 30 years ago with the message of sugar free and whole wheat. Largely been an exercise in futility where our kids are concerned, but at least they know. Takes patience and tolerance.Good luck.