Sunday, June 25, 2006

Why have I not lost any weight? -

I have been working out for almost a month with no results. My routine is as followsMonday,Wednesday, Friday: 30 min. on Eliptical doing the weight loss program interval, resistance of 5 12; then strength training session, legs, arms, abs, back, butt, three sets of each, with a 30 sec. break between. Then ending with crunches 40-50, even 75 once. So far, not a pound lost, I m 21, I weigh 180lbs...and I m starting to think this will not work. I drink nothing but water, and started eating less. :-( I feel better, physically/mentally, but have not dropped any weight. Please help!Tuesday Thursday: 1 hr. eliptical on intervals of 5 12

maybe you are eating the wrong foods. maybe you have elevated cortisol levels

depends on your diet and caloric intake.you might need more cardio, too

most liklely your diet. Eat 3 meals a day, with snacks in between. And work out a little longer to the point where it hurts to even do one more set. If it doesnt burn the next morning it might as well be a day at the gym wasted. DO NOT EAT LESS. Eat in MODERATION.

muscle is vastly more dense then fat. given that fact, stop looking at the scale, if it depresses you. I think we place too much emphasis on weight. Besides weight is a truly horrible indicator of fitness. I think you ve said it already, you feel better physical/mentally. Isn t that a good enough reason alone?? Depending on how much muscle mass you do have, eating less might be a bad thing. You might not be eating enough calories to feed all your muscles, if that is the case then you will never lose weight. I d suggest you go see a dietitian. They can accurate tell you how much calories you need to consume.From my own personal experience, i used to run cross country in high school. I was running 5-8 miles daily, by the end of the season (3+ months) i would tend to gain 5-6 pounds, even tho i was in the best shape of my life.

you have to make sure that you are burning more then what you are eating or intaking. maybe that excercise regiment is just not right for you? maybe you should do more than 30 minutes?

Losing weight is often seen as The only possible good result of diet and exercise this is not true.Even if you re not losing weight, you re converting fat into muscle which will ultimately make you skinnier.Continue doing what you re doing. If you re feeling better physcially and mentally, you could only be on the right track.good luck