Sunday, July 23, 2006

How many calories a day? -

I am 5 5 and weigh 137 pounds. I m a 25 year old woman and am not currently pregnant or breast feeding. I have no known health conditions that would cause me to gain or lose weight quickly. I would like to weigh 120 pounds. I am not currently exercising though I m signing up for kung fu lessons this week (yay!). Would a 2000 calorie a day diet be enough to lose weight safely? How many more calories a day will I have to eat but still lose weight if I take (for example) a 1 hour lesson per week? What about exercising 3 times a week for 20 minutes at a time on top of that lesson?I have no interest in fad diets or special weight loss programs. I eat healthy foods, I just eat too much! I have a hard time judging portions, but I m learning. I also don t want to be a half-starved waif. I want to lose weight and get in shape for my health, not for my looks! My student lifestyle isn t the most healthy and active way to live. ;)

multiply your weight by 11 and thats how many calories you should consume at most everyday. this helps you lose weight and maintain it

check this webhttp://www.setyoureyeson.blogspot.comyou can enjoy the free journal will help you see what , quantities and qualities you eat and has great links

This is a tough one to give you an exact answer on. Each person burns calories at a different pace.Each pound is 3500 calories. If you are maintaining at 137, then you need to add exercise or reduce food intake to match your weight loss rate. A pound a week is a decent clip, too fast for some.The key is to moderate your diet. Continue eating what you like but less of it. Otherwise you will rebound back.If you get real hardcore use a program like the one at this link. I used it to monitor my food and calculate weight loss.http://www.calorieking.com/shop/75-Calor��

Go to http://www.ahealthyme.com/topic/calneed

Ok, first a 2000 calorie diet is the supposed daily intake for a woman in general, so if you want to lose weight, you gotta eat less than that. You need a deficeit, so you should aim for about 1500 or so. This is a great webiste and you can enter in different activities and figure out how many calories you are burning from your kung fu and whatever else you are doing. This site really helped me. http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.html. just navigate the site.

http://www.caloriecontrol.org/calcalcs.h��This calorie calculator has you at just over 2000 calories to MAINTAIN your weight. I d cut it by 500 or so a day....1500 calories is a good number if you re trying to lose.... don t go below 1200 though. It takes 3500 calories to lose a lb. of weight. In my opinion 2000 calories is kind of high if you re trying to LOSE--even with exersize. I try to stay 1200-1500 when I ve gained a few extra lbs. You ll lose between 1-2 lbs. a week this way which is a healthy rate. Figure on 5 lbs. a month :)Good luck!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/calories��

hey well recomended is 2000 calories a day but if you want to lose wieght and take in consideration your excersice well you should take in around 1500 calories a day and no more dont eat after 8 pm cuz then you will feel all bloated in the morning and when you have cravings reach for an apple or some kind of fruit but if you have the muchies wait till your cravings are gone, cravings only last for 15 minutes and sometimes when your tum tum is growling its not always asking for food it could also ask for liquids and its better cuz then you can pee it out later oh and i know it sounds weird but drink teas after you drink they help bring the food down and they help you digest better.

I d go 1900 cals.

it sounds like u know how to make yourself healthy the best way listen to yourself ur ideas sound perfect

Try protein shakes and excersise. Or look up diets on yahoo! search and see if you can anything from there.

Between 1000-1500 calories per day. I use to be 135 and it took my 3 wks to get down to 127. I went hiking every day and gave up meat. GOOD LUCK. I went back to meat and gain 3 pounds.