Thursday, August 10, 2006

I am tired of being overweight please help? -

i understand that healthy eating and regular exercising is the key to healthy weight loss... I UNDERSTAND!!! I DO!!! i ve tried it. over and over again. health eating, counting calories, low and non-fat meals, cutting out soda, staying away from carbs. i think its time for me to hear other peoples experiences because i am no longer motivated to continue this healthy routine....someone PLEASE tell me there s a light at the end of the tunnel for me?!someone tell me their success story, or someone else s success story.....or even make it up!!! i need motivation!!!!.....thank you

You know, sometimes I feel like you do. This healthy way of living is sometimes a very hard thing to do since the flesh wants fattening foods and does not want to exercise. However, there is hope for us. I have tried many many different diets and they all worked. The best thing to do is do what works for you best. I really love SparkPeople.com because it is FREE and has many many resources to help you to be healthy. Check it out!! You can have your own blog that helps you to track your day to day progress and the whole world can help to keep you on your toes. It is easy to use and very encouraging as people help you along the way and you in turn help them in their weight loss. We are all in this together on SparkPeople. I think you will love it and when you get going on that you may just become addicted to it because it is so much fun to chat with people and help others and share your thoughts. It tracks your calories and your weight loss. You earn points each day you are active and this helps to keep you motivated. It has many many tips on exercise and eating healthy. There are many recipes that are submitted to help also. I can t tell you everything about it, but you can try it out for yourself. I think you will love it!! If you do become a member, let me know.

I know how you feel, setting new goals and new diets or excersize plans after every failed attempt. Its not fun and it distorts your self image. You have to realise that you are beautifull the way you are- but the way you live is not healthy for you. Superficial diets and cutting out carbs or whatever is not what makes beauty- it is healthy cells that make you beautifull. If you don t like excersize then dont use it as a crutch saying I have to excersize to lose weight start eating foods that are filling and healthy- try to eat LESS empty calories but dont cut it out cold turkey. And you know what, when your cells and your body is healthy and happy it will WANT to move- so for now, take the slow easy aproach to make your life healthier, and your weight will follow.

I made a determined effort to get all the sugar out of my diet. I then used meal replacement shakes that I got at the health food store, mostly soy protein, fiber and essential minerals.I started to lose 2-3 lbs a week, it was tough on the weekends because I need to cook for wife and kids.once I got the diet in order, I started to ride my bike again. once I started to ride again, I got up to three 1.5hr rides. a week, (45-60 miles a week) the fat just shed off by itself. I lost 38 lbs in 6 months. I went from 212 to 178.Im up a few now to 183 but I feel great and am looking forward to joining the gym for the winter.

this is helping me a lot and im in the program....http://groups.google.com/group/arnels-6-��click on discussions and you will see stories of people and blogs that show how much weight they have lost.sign up at this free website for some good advice on diet and cardio training.www.iwantsixpackabs.com

Have you ever had your thyroid checked?? After the birth of my daughter I had put on 80 pounds, yes 80!! I tried absolutely everything to lose weight and it just wouldn t budge. I went to the dr and it turns out I have an underactive thyroid. Now I take medication and the weight has practically melted off. I( eat healthy and walk for about an hour every day as well though.