Friday, August 11, 2006

Is this healthy weight loss, and other suggestions? -

I m 21, and was 230 pounds about 2-3 weeks ago, I have been dieting since then and am at 225 now. I do a light to moderate amount of physical activity. Anyways, I ve been consistently eating approx 1500-1700 calories daily for my weight loss. I am in college so it is often difficult to find healthy food, but I am eating mostly fruits and vegetables, tuna, and having lunch meat or bagel sandwitches and running 2-3 days a week. So thats what I doing, could I be doing anything better, or am I doing something not as good as I should. Is that too little calories too eat for my size or can I reduce them even more. Should I be eating other types of food, vitamins, etc.Just looking for some good general advice.

Thats a good amount of calories. try running 5 days a week for 20-25 mins. To make sure your getting all your nutrients, take a multivitamin, like flinstones! (yes, even if your 21) and drink atleast 4-5 bottles of water a day. Acquire a taste to green tea and have 2 cups in the morning and 2 at night. The tea bags from lipton are great that come in a box. Best of luck and keep up the good work :)ps. Try the Turbo Jam dvds, the 5 workout set. Their great, and a great variety from abs to cardio to sculpting!

well for doing better you need to be drinking lots of water. I drink at least 48oz of water a day. 5 servings of fruit or vegetables a day. 2oz of oil a day. Eat whole grains instead of like white bread or something. need at least 2 servings of dairy milk yogurt don t matter or cheese. Also get your protein in to.For about calories you get a day that would depend on lots of things being male or female age, height, weight, and job. Or you could do calories just by weight. But this is going with weight watchers basically

go to the web and read on food...eating-for-life.com and for the body goto body-for-life.com

I think you are doing wonder full keep up the good work.

Exercise is good. Make sure you eat well too. You could start out with a good organ cleansing program like www.greatfit.isagenix.com to get the fat cells out. Then avoid artificial sweetners, reduce or eliminate soda and/or coffee. Drink at least 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water per day. Read labels. Avoid anything that contains MSG or partially hydrogenated oils. Fill your plate 1/2 full with cooked or raw vegetables and don t forget the protein. Remember your body craves nutrients not calories. Hope that helps.