Monday, August 21, 2006

Swelling in the ankle/foot? -

When sitting for prolonged periods (eg at the computer) I tend to get a slight swelling/puffiness in my right ankle and foot. I am over weight (not excessively) and unsure if this is just a circulation problem or something else. Anyone have any ideas on how i can alleviate the symptoms?. (I am currently on a weight loss program so please don t just tell me to lose weight)

3 things you can do.1) Keep legs elevated.2) Do heel/toe raises...basically pumping your toes up and down. Muscle contractions in the lower leg assist with circulation ad even blood clots.3) Wear a compression sock or stocking. Ask your doctor about these...you can get them at most major drugstores but certain medical conditions may contraindicate their use such as diabetes.good luck.

Diabetes can do that by causing kidney problems, check your blood sugar.