Monday, August 14, 2006

What is a healthy weight loss? -

I ve decided to set some smaller short term goals for myself instead of the wopping 50lbs that i d like to use. But i m not exactly sure what a healthy number would be in a few weeks. I m 5 3 171 lbs. I d like to loose 50lbs but i want to pace myself because i have discovered in the past that you can just loose 50lbs so i want to set some short term goals for a better motivation. also....any tips and success stories are welcome.

1-2 pounds per week, some weeks will be more some less. Eat about 1000 -1200 calories per day exercise 4-5 days per week at least 30 minutes and try to incoporate weights it will help.

I have lost 40 lbs. in 3 months and I know this will work. Eat small healthy meals every 2-3 hours, eat your last meal 2-3 hours before you go to sleep. Do not starve yourself or your body will go into survival mode where anything you eat will be turned into FAT. This will help you a lot but if you want more results you can exercise 4-5 days a week, include weight training and especially cardio (walking especially running). If you set your mind to lose the weight you will lose it and when you start seeing how good you look you ll want to keep going.Good Luck