Monday, August 14, 2006

Weight loss and lifting weights? -

I am trying to lose 15lbs by then end of June, I weight 163lbs my body measurements are 38-35-46, and I m 5 3I started working out last wk, I worked out 3days last wk, doing just cardio, 2.25miles (30min) and 5-10min. on the eliptical.This wk I added 5, then 10mins to the treadmill with the weight loss program which does incline, and down and it changes the speed, so this wk I have done 40mins. and 10mins. still on the eliptical cus I am new to that machine and its hard. but today I did some leg weights.My question is I dont want to make my legs bigger, I want to lose weight, So how much should I lift with out getting really big muscles, I just want to tone my legs.Also have problems w/ my thighs and big butt. What are good exercise for them?Thanks in advance for your input!

well to tone you have to lift the right amount but since you are heavy your legs will get a bit bigger cause your building mussle and have extra fat so you should just try to work your legs enough were you can burn the fat

you know very well that the priority for burning fat is cardio..you can do weight lifting twice a week but i suggest you do pilates for your problem areas..it worked for me..