Saturday, September 16, 2006

I take Solo Slim and Im still hungry - am I doing something wrong? -

I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and as a result, I have a huge appetite that has caused me to gain weight. I lost 110 pounds over the course of two years and gained about 20 back in the past year as a result of PCOS and thyroid problems. I said all that because I don t need the just diet and exercise! answers. I KNOW how to diet and exercise. Right now I m in great need of a good appetite suppressant because I m hungry all the time.I took another pill (that I won t mention here) that gave me heart palpitations but did curb my appetite. I needed to stop taking it though because I was afraid of the long term effects. Anyway, I found a lot of reviews about Solo Slim and decided to order it.I actually ordered Solo Slim Extra Strength for about $50 because the reviews on all websites (MSN, Amazon, Yahoo, and lots more) were amazing. But I ve been MORE hungry! I felt like I couldn t get enough to eat. Am I doing something wrong? I take it 20 minutes before breakfast. My appetite has been completely unaffected. Can anyone offer some advice?Does anyone know of a good appetite suppressant? It upsets me that my doctor won t give me anything. He put me on birth control (Yaz) and that s all. Look - I used to weigh 306 pounds. I painstakingly lost 110 pounds doing the LA Weight Loss program. It upsets me that my body seems to be gaining weight and I m hungry all the time, and there is nothing I can do about it. I refuse to be in that small group of people who have metabolic problems that make them gain weight category unless I absolutely have to be. I didn t go to all that trouble of losing weight only to have my body rebel against me. I don t know what s wrong with me. If I don t take something to keep the hunger down, it feels like there is a monster living inside me that can t get enough food.

Believe me, I do understand your frustration. I feel like I m ravenous all the time, even after a meal. It s ridiculous but nothing has worked to control it except Fastin. Unfortunately, it will also, like the pill that you won t mention, cause heart palpitations. I take half the dose and that seems to help. I seem to have better control of how much and how often I eat. A lot of these appetite suppressants are just marketing. There s really nothing in them or too little of an ingredient in them to do any good. Your Solo Slim Extra Strength may be one of them. I doubt you re doing anything wrong.Here s my plan, and maybe something like this will work for you too. I take the regular dose of Fastin in the morning after breakfast. About 15 minutes before eating lunch, I take a pill called Akavar 20/50. It doesn t work all that great on its own but the Fastin that I took after breakfast is still working somewhat. At dinner time, I take one Fastin. So far, it seems to be making a difference. I don t want to risk any long term effects so I m taking these diet aids for about 6 weeks. I ll stop taking them for 2 weeks, then take them again (if necessary) for another 4 weeks. This gives my body time to get used to eating reduced calories. It also seems to be helping me in my food choices. I m not craving candy right now, or greasy chips. I m craving salads! Well, even if this doesn t sound like something you would want to try, I would suggest you at least try half a dose of the pill that you were taking and just don t use them long term. Good luck.