Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Is 1200 calories enough? -

Keep in mind I m a very short woman! I m approx. 5 foot 1 inches tall and I m 10 pounds heavier than I d like to be. I m not aiming for an unhealthy weight, I just want to be 105 pounds, which is the average BMI. I m 117 pounds right now. I m 16 years old, and I am going on a diet, but I am wondering, is a 1200 calorie intake healthy for my body? I don t want rapid weight loss, I want healthy weight loss.Also, I am a fairly active person. I am on my school s varsity tennis team and i play one and a half hours a day and go to Tae Kwon Do for one hour. I help a lot around the house (little siblings are so lazy =P) and I walk my dog. Is 1200 calories a good goal?

i would say 1300 calories and if u get hungry try some of these :1) when you feel like you want to eat, just focus on something else2) stay away from food as much as you can3) in meals, put the amount of food that you should eat in front of you4) do NOT eat more than that5) I heard that chewing a gum can really help make you feel full.6) in your meals, try to eat food that contain fibres such as whole grains, fruits and vegetables.7) after the meal, try to drink a glass of water, it ll make you feel full faster, and of course eat less.8) whenever you feel hungry for no reason, drink some water, or black Coffee ( no coffee more than twice a day)9) exercise more10) it sometimes helps to check your weight once in a while.

Since you have an active lifestyle I think that you should up your calorie intake a little.Maybe around 1400 would be good

You might want to bring it up to 1300 or 1400, but 1200 isn t bad if you want to keep with that.