Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Whats the best recipe for a Rapid Cleanse of your body? -

I m looking for a way to use products at home to do a rapid cleanse (yes, I know it will be just water weight) my system before I start a healthy weight loss program. I ve already lost about 7 lbs (in 3 weeks), but just want to kick start.

The one that I really like is Lemon juice, Maple syrup, cayenne pepper and warm water. It works really well and the little bit on maple syrup keeps you going so that can replace one or two of your meals in a day. Experiment with the amounts, I usually do about 1-2tablespoons lemon, 2teaspoons maple, pinch of cayenne in a mug full of warm water. It tastes pretty good once you get used to the cayenne.And actually if done right, this doesn t just purge your bowels as mentioned above. It is very good for cleansing intestinal parasites and your liver. Just be careful.

all such a cleanse does is purge your bowels, a laxative will do that. Not to mention messing up your electrolyte balance. It is not a healthy practice.

I really don t buy into the rapid cleanse stuff. Just eat enough fiber and make sure you pass your bowels regularly. You don t want to dehydrate yourself or you ll feel terrible.

Have you ever heard of the master cleanse ? I am pretty sure Beyonce did it. If you search it, I think it is made up of lemon juice, hot sauce, and a certain type of lemonade. Hope I ve helped. I drink Green Tea (hot from a tea pack) when I diet.