Sunday, January 14, 2007

Healthy weight loss tips for teens? -

I m 15 years old.I stand at about 5 2.I weigh around 130-140.It fluctuates constantly.My mom was always a curvy girl at my age.Once she hit her twenties she started getting underweight.I don t exactly wanna waste my childhood/teenage yearsbeing at a weight that s uncomfortable for me. I don t wanna wait it out I try eating healthy and I exercise for about 30 minsa day but It s difficult for me to drop just one pound!Exercise tips, Healthy foods, anything I can do? - Thanks

well last year i was 16, 5 6 and 240 i lost 100 pounds by completey cutting off soda, using less salt in my foods, drinking green tea, eating just a little healthier. And using the treadmill about 3 times a week ( the secret for me was putting the treadmill on 2.5-3.0 while watch a movie/show on my computer, sometimes i was on it for like 2-3 hours will out even realizing it ( i suggest headphones and an action movie, it pumps your adrenaline up and you end up walking faster). Hope it helps.

if you want to lose weight you have to be determined . i know when i was trying to lose weight i would exercise daily but i would come home and eat pasta and stuff. you need to get on a healthy diet with no junk food , you might want to exercise with a buddy or someone who knows what they`re doing cause then they can give you some helpful tips and they`ll be able to push you . i know when i work out alone and im running or something and i get tired im like`okay , im done` but when i do it with my friends they push me harder and thats what gets the weight off . dont loose too much cause you still want to remain at a healthy weight best of luck ! : )

I have the same problem as you, and so did my sister at our age. It seems it s harder to lose weight if you are already healthy, than if you were obese and just needed to eat better. At my high school, they offer yoga as a P.E. class. When my sister began the class, within a few months she looked lean and athletic. It boosted her metabolism and helped her loose weight. So you might try that! Adn if your school doesn t offer yoga, you can buy a dvd and do it at home.Good luck!

It sounds like you are already on the right track to be honest, just need to stick with it now. Try to keep clear of red meat and instead have white meat or vegetables. Theres no substitute for fresh fruit and veg, but you might also want to consider soups, smoothies and porridge as great food. Take a look here for more information. http://www.healthyweightlosshq.com

get a hobby, play tennis, sports, basketball, soccer, swim

your really not overweight , closes to it .. but your not.but if you want to loose weight drink a lot of water and exercise more (:

Eat healthy and exercise daily. You will see results in no time. Best of luck!

im 13 5 3 i weigh 120i think im huge, for myage,but your perfect for your age

Im 15 too and trying to lose weight too, i ve started today in fact hehe.Do 4 sets of 16 sit ups a day.Do 4 sets of 10 squats a day. {Trying doing to music in your room}Do 4 sets of 10 lunges a day.Maybe try running, im gunna try doing that about 15-20 minutes a day or at least 3 times per week.Have 6-7 mini meals a day. Not a big breakfast, lunch and dinner. Small meals like, you have a small breakfast like cereal, then maybe around 10am, you have grapes + a yoghurt.Jogging and running is a good cardio exercise and you can lose weight easily from it, it may take you a good month or two but apparently it s worth it.Dance in your room, dancing is a good fat burner too so i dance to my upbeat songs, even if its just silly movements.I ve suffered, and suffering from depression too and exercise can make you feel better about yourself.So drink water, if you dont like plain water then try flavoured :)Eat healthy small meals.Do the exercises.Draw out a table if you need help, and tick what you need to do and what you have done.Caroline :]