Friday, January 26, 2007

Im 9 stone / 126 pounds, and 16, am i over weight? -

When i was younger, i was quite skinny, as i did a lot of exercise, however, when i started puberty at about 12, and got my first pirod, around that time, i started to gain a lot more weight. I know this is usal, and its called puppy fat, but i did gain quite a lot. Furthermore, i lost my father to cancer a months befre turning 12, so i started comfort eating. I ve gone from being slim, to cubby, to now, i feel i could loose some weight.I am constantly told by my mum, i look fine and have a good figure, but i dont feel i do, and its starting to really effect me.I weight about 9 stone, which is 126 pound, and am about 5 ft 4/ 5, my waist can varie from a 26 on a very bloated period day, to a 24, maybe 23 3/4 on skinny days.Am i over weight, i want an outsiders oppion.Also if you could give me any weight loss tips.Thanks.

Not at all...you re actually right in the range of a healthy weight for your height. For a female at 5 4 , your typical weight range is from 115-135. You re fine. If you would like to tone up, try taking up an exercise regimen. Cardio 3xs a week for 30 minutes. It ll tone up your puppy fat. But in my opinion, you sound ok.

Ur not overweight at all. Ur actually fit!!! Do u work out?? Maybe after u work out, u can eat a little bit after that!!! U don t wanna get skinny now!! OH MY GOSH!!! I m so sorry that ur dad died of cancer!!!! My dad has lung cancer now too.

You do know what weight doesn t determine whether or not you re fat...As long as you have no cellulite and/or flab hanging out, you re not fat

Start a routine of comfort activity. You are not technically overweight, but you are pushing the limits of ideal weight for your height... Find an activity that you enjoy doing... Maybe several ...walking with a friend. swimming dancing are my choices... Many young women start to gain weight in their teens because they become a lot less active than they were as children... Many young women feel that sports are just not lady-like or cool.... however.... if you enjoy good food and want to look and feel your best phyiscal activiy will help you achieve those goals...