Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Is it ok to be 5quot;6quot; 148lbs?? -

hey im 5 6 148lbs and im 14 years old? is that norma?any weight loss tips?

That is perfectly normal. A tiny bit on the heavy side, but then again I don t know if you re a boy or girl OR what kind of muscles you have.=)

You re considered to be in average for your BMI (body mass index) it depends on your build too. No two people will look the same at any given weight. If you re very petite body wise (small hips, shoulder span, chest span etc) you ll look completely different at 148 then someone with an athletic build or larger build in general.

That is a good weight now. You can slim down a bit by just walking if you want.

i am 5 4 and i weigh 139 pounds so i think its ok

Sounds fine, but working out can ensure that you are in shape and - most importantly - healthy.

NO realy over weight

That is about right. There are height/weight calculators for your age group and gender online so check one out.

Definately, to calculate you BMI (Body Mass Index) use this site:http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/I already did it for you though. Your BMI is 23.9 and you are NORMAL WEIGHT! Perfect...yay!

yes

I think you re just fine. You have a little too much weight, but you can exercise 20 minutes a day, 3 times a week, and stop drinking soda.That alone will fix any problemsIt s all about being healthy! :)You re still growing, too!

hmmmm....welll thats a litle big because im 5 7 and 126.. i feel kinna big sometimes but the doc says im jus pin point right

its normal, but almost overweight, try losing a few lbs.

I believe that is the perfect weight. I am underweight and weigh 120 lbs and 5 6.

Of course it is okay to be 5 6 and 148 pounds. If you want to get in better shape, add fruits and veggies to your diet before taking anything away. Get exercise each day for 30min. Try walking. It is the easiest to start of all of the exercises. And the time goes by fast if you are listening to music on an mp3. Sit ups, push ups, lunges, squats are also good. Set your goal for 20 each, and then add 5 every time you reach your goal....Good luck!

I agree with the above post. I am a big fatty and am 5 6 and weigh 170lbs. 145 is my target weight and I am dieting and exercising furiously to get to this. You are ok, and perfectly normal. Smile!

healthy weight range for medium built woman of that height is 134-150You couldn t hurt to lose any, but you re fine.You re also going to hit a growth spurt sooner or later, so you ll limber out, and your waist will look leener and longer :)

I am a female and am 5 5 and weight 145. I feel like I need to lose at least 10 pounds. I am losing a couple pounds a week, which is as fast as you should try and lose. I am trying to walk and stretch everyday too. If I can lose 5 pounds in 6 weeks, I would be happy and satisfied with my size. Good luck to you, it is not easy keeping in shape. But, I do not think you have a problem.

Your a little overweight. I am 5 ft 7 136 lbs and it says I am normal, and im also 16 years old. Just try walking or sit ups, just some type of cardio and just shed about 10 lbs and youll be fine.

I think that s a good weight. You seem healthy to me. If you are really concerned, just make good life style choices. Never call it a diet.

ya, eat fruits and eat portion foods. it s ok i guess.