Tuesday, February 20, 2007

What more can I do? (weight loss tips)? -

I ve recently dropped a few pounds would like some advice on how to continue. Confession I haven t ran in over two weeks because grades are coming out soon and I ve been stockpiled with homework. I m 5 5 185 pounds.. I used to be 237.. It feels good seeing what I ve accomplished but it s not good enough yet. I throw shot and disk for track so as I melt fat I m trying to build muscle I ve cut out all pop.. I ve had one glass of juice in 2 months.. but I have a HUGE sweet tooth.. and I ve started eating healthier then I was but not like a health nut... I work in a restaurant ~14 hours a week and try to eat healthier if at all when I m done.. I walk about a mile home from work 3 days a week.. that s changing now to 4-5 times a week.. There s too much snow to run... Any advice or encouragement would be great guys.... I m 16 with a medium build btw.. and I drink water like it s going outta style :P

Walking a mile 3 times a week (I take it to work and back - so two miles maybe?) is really good. But you should try to do at least 20 minutes - one hour of intense cardio-exercise every day. That and make sure you get plenty of quality sleep as well as avoid sugars and excessive amounts of carbohydrates. Given that you ve already lost over 40 pounds is quite the accomplishment. But don t push yourself too hard because it is not healthy to loose too much weight really fast.Personally I would avoid taking any diet pills, at your age. It is possible they could interfere with your hormones and may affect your mood. For that matter, if you are taking any birth control pill maybe consult your doctor. One of the most common side affects with some pills is weight gain. But that s only if you are taking such contraceptives as it is.Aside from that, try to work on relieving stress. Stress hormones can cause you pile on extra layers of fat. So make sure you don t work yourself too hard. Give yourself some me time . Your weight is also affected by the simple fact that you are going through puberty. Some girls (and guys) gain weight when they are young. But in the mean time just make sure you live a healthy life style while avoiding sugars, fats and excessive carbs. With daily exercise you should be able to get the weight and body figure you desire.

You are addicted to sugar. Stop eating anything that contains flour, and any form of sugar. Sucrose, fructose, glucose, corn syrup, palm sugar. Eat lean meat, fresh fruit and vegetables. Avoid any artificial sweetener, except Stevia, and Xylatol.

You ve done great so far, and that should be enough motivation to keep working towards your goal. The best thing you can do right now is to develop a healthy plan you can stick to long term. Keep reminding yourself how far you ve gone so far and what a waste it would be to gain it back. The best thing you can do is count your calories and ensure you re burning as much or more than you re taking in. It takes some work, but the fact is you can t gain weight if you re burning more than you re taking in (laws of thermodynamics). If you can t workout outside do some work indoors. Lift weights, push ups, sit ups, crunches, flutter kicks, running in place, jump rope, pull ups, jumping jacks, and much more can be done inside. Work out at around 45 minutes to an hour a day in addition to the diet and you ll do fine. Good job.

i think your doing a great job...keep up all the good work! since your doing so much walking i would suggest leg and arm weights to help build muscle, they just valcro on...and with the snow you could do a workout video at home, they have lots to choose from at target for like $15. as far as that sweet tooth goes try yogurt parfaits with nonfat yogurt and fresh fruits and granola or grapenuts, or get some sugar free popsicles or fudge bars as they have very little calories and fat. and you can always chew gum when your trying to fight a craving :) hope you get to your goal ?

Congrats! sounds to me like youve done excellent so far! Im 17 yrs old and im currently trying to lose a little bit of extra weight. Well Whats been helping me is basically Cardio. Cardio is one of the best things you can do to keep the weight off and burn fat. You could always try to eat less carbs. Our body uses carbs as energy, Well the less carbs you eat the more body fat your body is going to use! I used to have a huge sweet tooth also. After eating not eating any sweets in over a month ANY kind of fruit stops my sweet craving. What you are doing souds good. If you have access to a gym weightlifting also helps cut fat and theres always treadmills and ellipticals etc so you can do more cardio!. Keep up the good work!!