Sunday, August 19, 2007

Best way to increase metabolism? -

Hey, I am 17 years old, 5 6, and I weigh 154 pounds. I m going to Europe in 45 days and I d like to lose 30 pounds by then. I m not going to crash diet or anything, I m going to exercise more and eat healthier and all that good stuff. I m also going to try to drink at least 70 ounces of water everyday. Is there something I can do, like in the morning, to kick-start my metabolism? Thanks. Also, any other weight loss tips would be great =].

take small multiple meals instead of few large ones, this would increase metabolism

Actually, the best way to speed up metabolism is to jog, not walk, not run, but simply jog. I learned this when I was getting my Bachlor s degree. =

Increase your lean muscle mass, probably by pumping some iron. 124 would be kinda light for that frame, and 30 pounds is too much for rapid weight loss.

Something that I read that was a pretty good tip is to try to have a big breakfast and then have lil meals throughout the day. After about 6 or 7 stop eat heavy carbs like bread and such. This way your metabolism is always working. I m trying this lil meal thing and I feel so much better not eating amounts of food all at once. If you think thats not going work I would try to make dinner your smallest meal of the day.

Metabolism is essentially the speed at which our body s motor is running. The speed at which our body burns calories is called the metabolic rate. It s how fast your motor is running when you re still in a reclined position or sleeping. About 60-75% of energy is expended by the body at rest in such activities.The metabolism is based on the number of calories we burn throughout the day. Our body constantly burns calories to keep us going whether we are eating, sleeping, cleaning etc. People with a lower percentage of body fat (i.e. muscular) have a higher metabolism than others that are less muscular because muscle uses more calories to maintain itself than fat. Some people have a slower metabolic rate and have a harder time staying slim. Younger persons have higher (faster) metabolism because of the increased activity of cells. A slow metabolism actually causes to store fat. The slower the metabolic rate, the greater the weight gains. How to build muscles to improve metabolism? What type of exercise is ideal that speed up metabolism so that you burn calories even at rest or sleep? There are simple exercises that speed up the metabolism.Causes for Low Metabolism* Fasting* A low calorie diet* Snacking throughout the day on high sugared foods (candy, colas,cakes, gum).* Eating or drinking too much sugar containing foods.* Lack of physical activity.* Underactive thyroid.Metabolism BoostersThere are some natural metabolism boosters (natural foods) that improves your metabolism. Do not take over the counter pills containing animal thyroid extract that claim to boost up metabolism. These products may have side effects as diarrhea, increased heart rate, excessive sweating, nervousness, tremors, bulging eyes, etc.How to Improve (Speed up) Metabolism* Do not skip any meals* Exercise daily* Build your muscles* Avoid alcohol, sugar, and fastings*Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily.*Eat foods with high nutrition values

I hear green tea will definitely boot your metabolism!