Monday, August 20, 2007

Gaining weight after mono.? -

Hey guys. I have a health question. About a year and a half ago I got mono. Ever since, I have been gaining weight like crazy and ended up gaining about 60 pounds in total. I went from being a healthy weight to being obese and this really concerns me. I was checked for a thyroid problem through blood work and it came back negative. However, I still have the symptoms of an underactive thyroid problem. Im always tired too and it feel like I havent completely gotten over mono. I also noticed that ever since mono it has been much harder to lose weight than before mono. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong with me? Im also looking for weight loss tips, because I really want to lose the 60 pounds that I gained by this May. Thanks in advance. (:

I don t know that your weight gain is directly related to your mono. I had mono in the spring and promptly lost ten pounds. Keep seeing your doctor, keep telling him there is something wrong. If he doesn t believe you, get a different doctor. Once you have mono, you always have mono. However, after treatment, it goes into a sort of remission. It makes it very easy to get mono again, but you shouldn t have symptoms all the time. I think your tiredness might be due to a different problem. Again, keep seeing doctors until they find out what s wrong.