Friday, August 17, 2007

I DESPERATELY need help with my weightamp;depression!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? -

I m 16, 5 9, going on 230 pounds now, I m already Pre-diabetic (Type 2) and I suffer from Heart Palpitations and that worries me GREATLY and I have clinical depression, I don t want to do anything anymore, I had dreams of traveling the world but now I don t even want to do that. I cry myself to sleep because I have to look at the beast staring back at me in the mirror, my acne s just recently flared and not enough makeup in the world can cover it and it s DISGUSTING to look at my pizza face, I desperately need help not only with my weight but with my depression. I don t want to be live like this forever....P.S weight loss tips much needed and (NO crash dieting tips) as well as some makeup advice, cloths and how to make myself happy again

Well, to start off here....if you starve yourself you re just going to eventually gain back the weight you lost then some because your metabolism will be so used to burning little amounts of food. The best way to lose weight is gradually, like eating 3 portioned meals a day, five hours apart, and of course lots of fruits and veggies. Some foods are even said to burn more calories than they give you, for example celery. I must add that to lose weight you have to be very, very motivated, and you need support from friends and/or family. If you go to a gym and give yourself a work out regimen that you know you can do(don t set goals too high or impossible) then you will see results. Or even just walking for a half hour each day. Do not try to live up to what people in magazines look like, because they re all fake. As for your acne, you re going to need some sort of wash to help rid them, as simple as that, and it ll take like a week to start being noticeable. Depression is a phase we all go through, and we all want what we can t have, try to accept and live with what you got, and make the best of it. Obviously I can t tell you how to live your life, but to beat depression without self-harm or drugs is by doing something you love, maybe reading, drawing, listening to music, or maybe watching hockey! If you are severely depressed though, best thing is to tell someone who cares about you and to get help. Good luck =)

Do various workouts. Start slow and let your body adjust to being active. Cut out junkfood and sodas. Drink water.My friend lost 100 lbs in 16 months so you can do it too. Forget wearing makeup on our skin...( lipstick and mascara can be used to brighten your face).Trust me I was 16 once upon a time. I suggest Proactive.

I was going to be a smart *** and be mean, but I remember how I was when I was your age. Good luck. It truly will work out in the end.

I know some hockey teams that may be able to use you. You ll be fine.

Play some Hockey, that always helps

^^^Jenni has a good point about the make-up and Proactive. If you can t afford the Proactive, you might want to try what worked for me as a teenager....Irish Spring soap. I do not lie. All I did was wash my face every night with a bar of Irish Spring, and my face completely cleared up as an acne faced teenager. Now, just a crazy suggestion, but I remember a couple of my girlfriends did this in college. They became vegans to lose weight. They went to the peta.org and read stories and watched horrible videos...and they even went are far to visit a local pig farm/slaughter house. I ran into one of them about a year ago...and they still don t eat meat or anything that has to do with animals (no eggs, no milk). It is the hippy way to go, but just a suggestion. I normally would never recommend anything so outrageous, but I am concerned about the heart palpitations and diabetes. Please talk to your doctor, before you change your eating habits. BTW: We see a ton of stupid adults leave posts on here....it is obvious by structure of your question that you have talent. Maybe you should look into a journalism career....just a thought.