Monday, January 21, 2008

How to lose weight? -

I want to lose about 90 lbs ... the only problem is that the people that I live with do not believe in dieting and so they don t do it. They are all about 50 lbs overweight including my sister who is a 13 yr old and weighs 195 lbs, my bf s dad who is 412 lbs and his mom who is 210 lbs. The doctor told me that I need to lose weight for health reasons and my sister does too. On a usual night for dinner they would fix something like hamburgers with french fries. Or maybe porkchops with mashed potatoes. With every meal they also eat beans - with EVERY meal. They also do not eat any type of fruit and when they do fix veggie s it s usually something like broccoli in a pool of butter topped with cheese sauce. Since they do not believe in dieting, how can I still eat what they are eating but make it more healthy than they do so that I can try to lose weight? I have high cholesterol and high blood pressure and doctor says that my diet contributes to alot of the problem.

How can those people not believe in dieting? Maybe they ll consider it while they re gasping for breath saying, Super size it at McDonald s. Sorry. End of rant.Now, you are really going to need some support. Get someone to work with you on this. Oh, and if you re sister hasn t started her period yet, then it isn t too late for her to lose weight and have to worry about weight later in life. I m 13, and I was 40 pounds overweight, now I ve lost 19 pounds, and I feel so much better! So, go to www.nutri-facts.com and go to the BMI calculator. Calculate that, and then take 90 pounds off it and see if it is healthy. Then go to the calorie calculator. It has a pretty accurate estimate of how many calories you should have a day. I have 1350. I also do taekwondo several nights a week, and I walk at most 3 miles in the mornings.Try getting into a routine with exercise. I strongly suggest you do it with a friend or join something that will give you exercise. Get your sister to do it with you. Tell her I know she can do it! I know you can too. Also, if you must eat with the people you live with, eat very small portions. Volunteer to do the grocery shopping sometime and buy some better food. Do some research on all this. I hope this helps!

How old are you? You might want to try just shopping for your own food and cooking for yourself. That way you don t have to eat the crap that they are and be fat like them!! Start exercising also!

Sorry, but in my experience you totally have to change your eating habits. Your not going to lose weight eating hamburger and frnech fries. You need a well balanced meal with lots of fruits and veggies. To benefit even more, excerise is a must. Good Luck!

I would say that it sounds like you know what the bad food are already. You have to eat fruits and vegetables. Water and walking is a definite! Try not to drink juice or soda. Start off with a 20 minute walk at least 4 days a week and eventually increase it 5 minutes or so. I believe that one should get in at least 60 min of cardio (or some type of physical activity) a day. There are plenty of websites that will tell you how many calories you should intake per day to lose weight and that will give you food ideas and help you grocery shop the smart way. Try www.sparkpeople.com. Think positive! And good luck! =)

try eating more vegables and less fat and go outside for a quick run every now and then. soon you will feel your body filling healthy and fit. you might loose about 30 to 80 pounds write back for more advice

Well i am an overweight person myself and it is not fun..... my sister read Dr. Phils weightloss book and had a great deal of results from it and she feels much better than she did. But I myself love to eat so a diet is not for me. But from what I hear is that portion control is the best thing if you are wanting to go on a diet. Depriving yourself of things will only cause you to overeat it when you are craving it. Good luck to you. Happy Holidays.

Move more.Burn more than you take in.Cut your calories.Sign on a pro ana board.Get involved take tips.