Thursday, February 14, 2008

How to lose weight healthy if you are not overweight? -

hi, i am 15 years old and i think i way 118 pounds. I feel okay with my body but when it comes to my legs i don t. Well not really my legs, mostly my thighs. I want to make them smaller or at least toned but i don t know how to do it. Please help!!!

Stay away from multi joint leg exercises that means no stepper, no stir climber, no stairs, no step aerobics. Eat proper proportions and do long duration light impact cardio.

I totally disagree with jimtem----with all due respect. If you are within a normal weight range, which I m pretty sure you are at 118 lbs., you can tone your legs, but you probably won t make them smaller. I think you should use steppers and elliptical machines, etc, to firm the muscle. Leg extensions will help tone your legs, but stay away from heavy weights doing squats or leg presses. Leg extensions are more of a shaping exercise vs. a muscle building exercise.