Monday, April 28, 2008

How to lose weight while on depo? -

I ve been on depo for a little while now... and yeah, of course, I ve gained some weight. I guess that my main question is: does being on depo slow down my metabolism in any way, or is my weight gain due soley to the increased appetite? Can I get rid of the excess weight with diet and exercise, or is the only way to lose the weight to go off of the birth control?

it does cause wight gain i had to get off of it and go to seasonale and that is the best pill i have found i have 4 periods out of a yr and no wight gain

My experience was that I had to get off birth control, I got an IUD and the weight came right off.

I was on depo for 3 yrs and experienced steady weight gain the whole time. Since i got off the depo the weight gain has stopped completely. If you read any of the online sites for depo they say that weight gain is a side effect of the shot. Depo is the worst birth control there is. It not only causes weight gain but it causes bone weakness. I wish someone would have told me about all the side effects when i was taking it. If you can I would get off of the shot and go to something else.