Monday, May 19, 2008

How to lose weight and keep it off? -

Im trying to lose weight, I want to lose 50 lbs, just because I want to look good for my husband, although he thinks I look good now, but I want to feel happy about my body, I can only do low impact on account of a bad back, so any tips?

While traveling in an elevator instead of just standing there and staring stupidly at the numbers going up or down, try raising your self onto your toes and then back on your feet again. Do this several times. Also try flexing your buttock muscles as well. In fact there are many muscles in our body that we can twitch and flex without inviting the attention of others. Even if others do notice you, it��s no big deal provided you are flexing a muscle in a decent part of the body. (Most of the other parts do not have muscles any way.) Others might brand you as a health freak but it is miles better to be known as a heath freak than as a sack of potatoes.

Use the stairs instead of the elevator whenever you can. Elevators are one hell of a convenience particularly if you have to go up or down some twenty floors. But elevators also make us very lazy. There may be no sense in trudging up some twenty flights of stairs because by the time you get there you will be totally pooped. But while coming down, if you have the time, you can easily come down the stairs instead of using the elevator. Coming down is not at all exhausting. And talking about the time factor, I don��t think that there is much of a difference. Sometimes waiting for an elevator door to open at your floor after you hit the button can take up all of eternity.

Do things like fetching, turning things off and on by you�� Often when we come back tired from work, we tend to get others to do simple chores for us. These things are no big deal. They are things that we can very well do for our selves but we don��t. That is why we often ask our kids to fetch us this or take away that. Training your pet is a wonderful thing indeed. It is quite remarkable how some people get their dogs to fetch them something. But the fact is that while you may be making sure that your dog is getting a lot of exercise, you are neglecting your bit of the story.

Try breathing exercises. You might be surprised to know that breathing exercises too can lead to weight loss. If you are doing the breathing exercises properly, you will find that you can exert a lot of pressure on the muscles around the mid section. You can feel a tightening of these muscles each time you breathe in or breathe out. So go ahead and breathe properly, it is good for you.

I lost 100 lbs last year and have gained 50 of them back, which I m now trying to lose, so I m in the same place you are. I am simply drinking lots of water a day, not going out to eat, and have reduced my daily calories. I haven t gotten on the scale yet to see how much I ve lost (I ve been on my diet about a week), but I definitely feel as though I ve lost weight. When i lost the 10 lbs, I did the same thing, plus I routinely used the treadmill. Good luck to you!