Sunday, May 11, 2008

How to Lose Weight But Minimize Muscle Growth? -

I m 18, female, but I get muscle EXTREMELY easily.Whenever I clean my house (vacuum, holding heavy objects, etc.) my muscles get enormous. My arms were nice before, but now, when I hold them up, I have really really MANLY shoulder muscles. It s gross.I m afraid running will do that to my legs (I get muscles from climbing up stairs).Spare me the muscles are beautiful and cherish your body psychobabble crap, please.It s disgusting.How do I stop this while still exercising?

See a fitness instructor, they usually know which execises increase muscles and which ones help lose weight. For example, walking on an even surface helps lose weight but going up the stairs increases muscle. Good luck X

No do cardio and stop doing weightsur doing resistaance without knowing it so u need to do cardio

The only way to lose weight is to cut down on fast food, junk food, sweets, and sodas. If you re a female that gets big muscles easy, you may have a medical problem that needs to be looked into.

Stop excercising

do pilates!!!

okay so you don t want to hear that muscle is beautiful how about the fact that muscle mass burns WAY more calories than any other type of body tissue..to avoid looking overly cut, do exercises that are low resistance. runnung can build muscle and it can degenerate your knee joints an eliptical machine is better than running for both of those reasons.

Do your daily housework still but then also do some plain old walking. Don t take on a routine that builds muscle. I can t either because I m in the same boat as you with this. One bit of advise I did receive recently was to stay away from red meat because of the iron/protein content builds the muscles. I ve never known this until last week.

low weight, lots of reps will help you lose body fat and make you look cut. but your muscles shouldn t get any bigger just more defined. diet and lots of reps in your best bet.

Walking is a great exercise for losing weight. Where I work we have to park at the very end of the parking lot, and it is a really big parking lot. I lost six pounds and I ve only been working there almost 3 months.

wow, im jelouse. im the exact opposite. but i think you should just start with walking for a bout an hour. than if thats working start jogging. if thats too much stick with the walking

I only get muscles on the weight bearing exercises. Like lifting weights or something.Do arobics, dance er cises. Run, they don t get muscles.runners even men don t look to muscles.

Health flexibility endurance coordination strength and muscles are beautiful. Cherish your body.Get a lighter vacuum too. Eat more of the best vegetables - green and yellow leafy veges for the complex carbs you will eventually gain, and only a small adequate amount of organic beef or fish or skinless chicken or turkey, and some good oils such as olive oil. You must learn and follow good eating habits such as the diabetes association food pyramid that emphasizes veges - again eat the better ones not so much of the starchy corn and peas please. Check the Dr D Adamo site, son of elder Dr. D Adamo... www.dadamo.com which is not really proven to work but may prove to be effective some time after additional studies... Just consider the concept of right food for you, in right quantities. Decrease, minimize unneccessary stress. Get adequate rest and arrange your life to sleep at about the same time each night every night. Adequate pure water - lots of it - like several quarts or a gallon or more even in the winter, daily. Now, for exercise, yes, walk at an easy gait, a moderately fast pace. If you are presently heavy, do some walking anyway, but perhaps emphasize a lot of easy gentle moderate swimming laps. There isn t anything easier than light swimming and flat-surface biking that I can think of. Get onto more walking soon though and do walk at least 15 to 25 minutes daily when you are not carrying stuff and are relaxed. Early AM is really best if it is safe for you where you can walk undisturbed.