Friday, July 18, 2008

How to lose weight after birth? -

It s been two months now since I had a baby boy. I m am trying to get back to my pre-pregnant weight. I only have about 8 to 10 pounds to go but I seem to be stuck! I ve dieted sensibly. Taking about 200 to 250 calories out of my daily intake and exercise to burn at least 250 calroies a day. Supposedly that is suppose to equal 1 pound per week of weight loss. When I had my daughter 4 years ago the weight came off right away and I was back into my normal pants in no time. But this time..... Well this is depressing. Anyone else in the same boat? Any suggestion on how to get past this hump?

Well if the diet thing isn t helping you drop the lbs, try the exercize part. I had a lot of trouble losing the weight (I ve lost 30 lbs of the 45 I gained being pregnant). I found that lifting weights and using an exercise ball every other day maintained enough muscle to burn those extra calories and I m well on the way to losing more. I do cardio on the other days. Just 20 min. a day should really help you tone up. Remember the more muscle you make the more fat you burn.

The more kids you have and the older you get the harder it is to lose those pounds. Are you breastfeeding? Your body stores fat to help feed your child. On my 4th child it took over six months for my hips to go back to fairly normal. Be patient and don t freak because you don t lose the weight right away. If you are breastfeeding don t starve yourself. Your baby needs the food as much as you do. Give yourself and your baby time... plus if you do breastfeed it helps to take off the pounds. Once you do stop breastfeeding your body will realize it and will start to return to normal. If you don t then just keep up the good work and be patient the second time around will just take a little bit longer. Also if you breastfed with one child and not the other this would be different in results. You ve only given yourself 2 weeks give yourself more time...