Friday, August 22, 2008

Is anyone else fed up with 12 year olds asking how to lose weight? -

It s so messed up! All these 12 year olds going: im 5 ft 2 and 86 lbs. I really want to lose 10 lbs in a week. Am i fat? how many cals should i eat? ARGHHHH!

No, they have a right to be healthy too!

It makes me sad. Obviously, healthy lifestyle choices are not being taught in school or at home, so they have to turn to Yahoo to find out how to treat their body right. They aren t getting information from knowledgeable people, yet they are bombarded by the same commercials, magazine covers, and celebrity bodies that adults are exposed to, so naturally they re going to get the wrong message. After spending a few days on here, I want to be a health teacher now. It s obviously needed.

lol the only annoying thing is the attention seeker ones, who know there real skinny and go i really need to lose 10 pound for i am not thin , a lot of kids want to have an eating disorder for attention.

yea, they actually don t need to diet because they are still growing - but they probably won t listen to that anyway.... I m 22 5 4 and 115lbs, I know I m not fat - but would enjoy a larger butt........

YES! wait till they hit thirty and actually have to work to lose weight!!

Yes, it bothers me also, i think its mom pressure, half the time lol.

Yes they are too young to worry about weight.

ha yeah it pisses me the **** off...when i was 12 i was lik 150 pounds or more...and lik 5 feet tall..so like if i asked that then maybe people could understand why id ask it...but not 86 pounds lol

yes, it bothers me as well.ugh

jeez, calm down. its just a stupid question. you dont have to get so worked up about it