Saturday, September 20, 2008

How to lose weight in about 4 weeks? -

I m 5 4 12, I weigh 115 pounds.I m not self-conscious or anything I know I m at a healthy weight but, I just want to be in good shape before school starts. Also, what is the max weight I can lose in 4 weeks? Exercises diet plans please. PLEASE, NO DIET PILLS (:Thank you.

Hon, your not at all over weight , you could probably lose 3 pounds tops without looking anorexic.

I feel exactly how you feel. Everybody tells you that you aren t fat, and you just want to get in shape and get healthy. I ll tell you what I did. I went to RealAge .com and they have wonderful workout plans and great ways to monitor your weight. they even have a menu planner that tells you all the nutrition facts of what you decide to eat every day for a week! It s really great, you should try it.ONe of the best things that you can do for your body anyway is run. I m a runner, and I REALLY enjoy it. Just a short,30-minute run will help you shed the pounds before school and just be generally healthy otherwise.The max weight that you could lose in 4 weeks would be like 20 lbs. if you REALLY WORKED IT. I mean REALLY. You would have to be eating like 15000 calories a day and burning about 2500. A slightly easier weight to lose by the time school comes around is about 15lbs. that should be your goal.Girl, to lose weight you gotta WANT it more than anything else to shed that fat. Enjoying yourself while you do it motivates you a lot.Once school time is back invading your life again, and you look the best of all your freinds, you ll be glad you stuck with it.

I want to know the same thing.

Pump some iron. Resistance training, (weight training), can help both sexes stay lean by building muscle and raising metabolism. The fact is, hours and hours of aerobic exercise won t help most people lose weight fast because your metabolism drops back to normal fairly quickly after stopping the exercise. If you gain muscle, however, your body s resting metabolism, (the amount of calories you burn when you re just sitting still), increases, because muscle requires a lot of calories to maintain. Studies have shown consistent weight training to raise the body s metabolism by 15%. This means an average woman might burn 200-300 more calories at rest every day! Resistance training is the gift that keeps on giving! Although, keep in mind that muscle mass weighs more than fat (don t be surprised if you gain weight but look slimmer).

You should only lose 1-2 lbs a week. But it sounds like you really don t need to lose weight.