Thursday, June 25, 2009

HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT ON THIGHS AND HIPS? -

I desperately need to lose weight off of my thighs and hips (i m five six and 152 lbs)! What is the best way to do this? I m already doing about 2 hrs of exercise 5-6 days a week (one hour on the treadmill and then some core and arm strength mostly, but sometimes leg pilates as well) and have started eating smaller more frequent meals totalling about 1200-1500 calories per day. Exercise tips, diet tips very welcome!Also, i know its more difficult to lose weight off your hips but does this apply to thighs too?

Well, it sounds like everything your doing is good. Unfortunately you can t just lose weight in certain spots. You can tone your thighs, but adding muscle to them just adds more bulk, you need to lose weight first. Also, again, its not proven but usually the first place you gained the weight is the last place it comes off from. Just keep doing what you are doing and you will eventually see the weight come off from all over. Try to do other cardio activities other than the treadmill to get other muscle groups working, do the elliptical for 20, step mill for 20, tread climber for 20, bike for 20. I use the bike 2 x s a week for 30 minutes ( I do one hour of cardio 4-5 days a week) and I must say my legs look like they have never looked before.

They say the best leg exercises are foward leg lunges. Ive just got back into cardio and weight training and i noticed a difference in my legs and they feel alot stronger as well. I can prolly leg squat 713 pounds. another method its old but run up and down a flight of stairs 20 mabe 30 steps for about 10 mabe 15 minutes for 2 mabe 3 times a week. I see alot of athletes use that method. I hope this helps.

Try to eat healthy and avoid snacks. The following website helped me a lot to lose weight:http://www.youfreeweb.com/diet/They give you useful advice and a diet...Good luck!