Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Is it true that obese people tend to lose weight faster than people at a normal weight? -

I have a friend who is 245 lbs and has been on a diet. She has been losing weight easily it seems because she doesn t exercise--just eats healthier. I am 145 lbs and considered overweight for my height. I used to be 175 lbs and it seems like it s getting harder to lose more weight that I need to. Is it true that people that are obese (or just heavier) lose weight easier faster?

Yes, if a person needs to lose a lot of weight, it will happen easier and faster in the beginning. But as she gets closer to her goal weight, it will be the same as it is for you. It will get harder to lose. The last pounds are the hardest to lose.

It is harder for a less heavier person to lose weight because when your body starts to get closer to the average weight, it gets more stubborn to lose than that of a heavier person.

yes but that is because they have more to move so there body s have to work harder to do exercise and other activity s, when they get to a normal weight they too will have a hard time losing weight

I wouldn t say it was any easier, but probably a bit faster. There s usually more to lose.

I hope so, I am 65kg (don t know it in pounds or stones I m sorry) for 180cm, if I were to loose 20kg I d be in trouble