Tuesday, October 24, 2017

How are anorexics able to not eat for so long? -

Well a year ago I wanted to lose weight quickly and I (foolishly) tried to stop eating for at least 2 weeks...but I only lasted 2 days. The first day wasn t hard, but the second day I woke up feeling VERY weak and really ill. I could barely walk or move my arms...actually I could barely stand up without fidgeting or almost falling. It s kind of the feeling where your blood pressure is low and you feel weightless and weak. To sum it up, It just felt terrible! I learned from my mistake and lost weight gradually the healthy way, but I was wondering if people who suffer from anorexia feel the same way so quickly or was it just me (I know that I m not exaggerating).

I had anorexia for two years. Before it I was a long distance runner and did a lot of weight lifting throughout my teeneage years, so my metabolism was pretty fast. The first couple days for me I was very tired as well, just wanted to sleep all day. It made me depressed, I had headaches and was irritable all the time. After another week I was so weak that I got out of breath just turning over in bed. I couldnt make my bed every day cause my comforter was to heavy to pull across. As for not eating. My stomach shrank, my metabolism was off so I never felt hunger. I would eat everyday. 1/2 cup oatmeal for breakfast, broccoli for lunch, baby carrots for snack and cauliflower for dinner. But I wouldn t even eat much, like a handful and I would be so full..even though I wasn t. I remember when I was trying to recover, I was at the gym and was doing push ups. I couldn t do one, it felt like my rib cage was going to break. It is an addicting disease. I never planned on having it but it became an obsession. Obsession with having control. Im glad you learned from your mistake. Eat healthy and stay active,. Thats what our bodies are meant for. Good luck and keep staying healthy and strong

Anorexics do eat. They just don t eat enough. If you d really gone 2 weeks without eating anything, you could have died. The body requires food. Anorexics have just figured out the absolute minimum to consume. It kills the body a little more slowly.

i know i tried that too but i didn t even last 2 hours before i had a donut in my hand and i was like oh **** i forgot. seriously i eat too much. but maybe they have friends that don t eat with them so they encourage each other to not eat. thats what it seems like ive never seen an anorexic girl by herself their always in a group. hehe :)

i think it s after the first couple of days things start to get easier and your appitite decreases. i dont know, maybe they wait a few days feeling hungry then things get easier? ha, i m the same as malerie!

They do it because it s a mental disorder like depression, it s like saying how does someone with depression stay sad for so long, they can t help it.

They are obsessed and don t care about anyone else or anything else so they just stay in bed all day. Their quality of life is terrible, it s a mental illness.

it is as desis in ther head with mackes them think they are fat even thow they arnt

we just dont. I m anorexic. We just think we dont deserve it.im 76 pounds

well my friend when she was in 6th grade (i know 6th grade) she was anorexic. she was my best friend! i didnt know what to do and she was telling me that she thought she was fat and she wasnt at all but she told me i wouldnt know how she felt untill i tried it so when my mom went to asia for 2 weeks i stayed with her. i was anorexic pretty much that whole time and the thing was if i didnt think about eating i wasnt hungry but after a few days yah i felt the way you did and then i fainted in class and i was rushed to the hospital. after that my best friend stopped doing it and everything was fine but yah i felt the way you did. but maybe the reason you felt so bad so quickly was because you dont have a good blood flow or a good immune system and if you have no food going into the systems and they arent good then that can cause sickness easier and faster. ok. hope i helped!

I think that the majority of people who try and go anorexic just decrease their apitite gradually. They eat little bits and then slow down to nothing. Most of them are also rather large and lacking self confidence so they are desperate and unhealthy annyway. Or they are rele tiny and think that they are fat and they weight 89 pounds but if a larger person trys to be anorexic it is easier i would think because your body stores fat naturally and the more fat you have the more your body can live off of yourself because without all the calories in your body for energy you have to get some form of energy which is sucked out of the fat in a persons body. so the average obese / unhealthily large person can live off of their body fat for right around 3 weeks. and the larger the person the longer you can actually go without eating. Hints... i think that you should try to decrease your appitite gradually and work out and that would do wonders. Also if you just think that there is always going to be someone out there that is bigger than you.