Sunday, February 26, 2006

Is it true that a girls waist quot;disappearsquot; when she first gets her period? -

I used to be slim, now I m in tears because I m so dumpy. Should I enroll in a weight-loss program or will it go away by itself, and when? I also think i gained weight since i moved to a new town and I spent lots of winter afternoons home alone, sometimes bingeing on nuts and cookies and stuff like that.. Is this puberty,or what? I was also obsessing over this guy which i don t like anymore but who totally wrecked my self image by dating girls that I think he finds more attractive than me since they definately don t have any weight problems (and it shows). I know it sounds weird, but I dealed with this by eating a lot. Yesterday I broke down and started crying because I barely fit into anything that I wore last year at this time. I remembered reading that a girl s figure would totally go away after her period and that my body will right itself. But I m scared that I am spending too much time worrying about this and that I m, developing some sort of eating disorder cause of this. HELP!

starting your period will not automatically make you skinny and curvaceous. You gained weight because you are less active and are eating high-fat food. The best thing is to eat healthy and stay active. Do not get extreme and start dieting or excessively exercising. Go for walks, join a sport or activity that keeps you having fun while moving. Now is the time in your life when you are setting patterns for the rest of your life. Weight that you put on now will only get harder to get rid of as you get older. Don t depend on your period to solve everything, because you will be very disappointed. Just take control of your habits and thoughts now. It s normal for you to be emotional and self-conscious now, but you can take control and not let it get to you as much.

you should believe every you hear

o god no..dont believe everything u here

find some other way to cope other than food, no having a period does not sadly magically make you fat or thin (since i was thin everyone told me i was going to get fat....yet i stil lweigh the same shrimpy amount)....enroll in a gym, run, do something active. but in a few years the baby fat will turn into curvacious curves so eat healthy and excersize but dont fret if your never as thin as the other girls, it will all even out eventually.i have the total opposite problem, i was always thin and now i have no curves and i cant gain any weight if i try. my sister was chubby when she was little and now she is the one with all the curves...so yea it evens out.